It's Quiet Corrections

Giles said:
shootmeifipost10k said:
After reading through this I'm sat here hoping there is not one player already signed as already stated.
If players are already signed it's a shocking thing for an executive at the club to then go in front of the public,fans and press,sit there and going by what the OP as told us answer questions and blantanly lie.

I really can't see him doing this and more importantly the club allow him to be open to ridicule if in the future it was found out that players are already signed.

Does anyone else think the same or think an exec at the club would sit there answer open questions and lie.

Dear god, do they have wi-fi at Cheadle Royal these days?

I'm fucking serious .

The man will have been briefed on what he could and couldn't say.

He refused to answer some questions which is the thing to do.

Then sat here and lied to others .

Do you really think this in the briefing he was told if a difficult question came up oh just wing it or tell as many lies as you like, bollocks if you ask me

Yep no point in lying. If they can't answer they won't and, by the sounds of it, that's what they did. By that logic you can trust the answers to the questions they do answer.

I would say if they answered the question "Have we signed anyone?" and the answer is "No" then that's the answer... or they could have said they didn't want to answer that one.

If the ITK's disagree...give the names.

Actually there is a greater chance and higher probability that he would decline to answer or say 'no comment' or that the club has advised him at this delicate junction not to confirm or deny any and all transfer rumours or say that he is not privy to that information or - well you get the idea.

There are 101 different ways an executive at City could handle the situation at a public forum and blatant lies is not one of them. Sending him to a public forum ill prepared or deliberately misinformed is also unbelievably stupid.

This mistake has been made before with itk's claiming a "done deal" only for later to back track and say that the deal was almost done so and so pulled out last minute.

A done deal is when a player officially signs a contract with mcfc until then its all speculation, at this time the op is correct we havent signed three players and only time will if we do. We all want us to sign players but there is some deep desperation going on in this transfer window.

shootmeifipost10k said:
Giles said:
Dear god, do they have wi-fi at Cheadle Royal these days?

I'm fucking serious .

The man will have been briefed on what he could and couldn't say.

He refused to answer some questions which is the thing to do.

Then sat here and lied to others .

Do you really think this in the briefing he was told if a difficult question came up oh just wing it or tell as many lies as you like, bollocks if you ask me

Isn't it time for a nice walk in the garden, listening to all the lovely birdies?

Seriously, though, if they needed to lie blatantly in order to protect negotiations then they would have done so. It's what anyone would have done.
They also might not have been privvy to certain details. It's no big conspiracy.

Cobwebcat said:
Yep no point in lying. If they can't answer they won't and, by the sounds of it, that's what they did. By that logic you can trust the answers to the questions they do answer.

I would say if they answered the question "Have we signed anyone?" and the answer is "No" then that's the answer... or they could have said they didn't want to answer that one.

but on that same theory cobweb its not his job to say yes or no is it??? would imagine mancini or cook would be slighty pissed that a lower executive is saying that we`ve signed people!!

CityPar said:
shootmeifipost10k said:
After reading through this I'm sat here hoping there is not one player already signed as already stated.
If players are already signed it's a shocking thing for an executive at the club to then go in front of the public,fans and press,sit there and going by what the OP as told us answer questions and blantanly lie.

I really can't see him doing this and more importantly the club allow him to be open to ridicule if in the future it was found out that players are already signed.

Does anyone else think the same or think an exec at the club would sit there answer open questions and lie.

It's all about perspective. When's a lie a lie? What shade is the lie? Is the lie for the greater good etc etc? Sometimes a wee terminilogical inexactitude is required to protect the clubs interests ;o)

He was asked have we already signed players answer was No no shades no i cant answer that,no I don't know that the answer he gave in the open public was NO. You can't put any teminoligy into it or protecting the interests of the club because if it was found out he lied it wouldn't be in the interest of the club but opeing them to ridicule.
I'm taking that as we have not has yet signed anybody but as the exec from the club as told are in talks.

richards30 said:
Cobwebcat said:

but on that same theory cobweb its not his job to say yes or no is it??? would imagine mancini or cook would be slighty pissed that a lower executive is saying that we`ve signed people!!

If he's gone to a public forum to specifically answer questions about City then, for that night, that's exactly his job as far as I can see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.