It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It totally relates to it but it's just that some utter twats want everyone to dance to their tune.

I repeat again: I think Fernandinho's so called 'lack' of ability to dodge a press or imagined inability to pass it, are mainly down to fatigue, due to his incredible burden in the job which we can see tonight, NOBODY is doing. It's our back 4 plus the wide men vs Spurs when the ball gets over the halfaway line & KDB has struggled v pressing exactly like Fern occasionally does.

BECAUSE HE'S WEARY AFTER WORKING VERY HARD ALL SEASON.

Shove your yuppie fucking straw fucking man up your arse.

51LXqju5rVL.jpg

I rate Mullock but think he’s way off the mark with that article. The Mbappe link is purely assumption and comes across as his own guesswork. Even if PSG do get into bother with FFP the worst that’ll happen is a hefty fine and a ban from the CL for a year, they won’t need to sell players. Plus there would be no way we go in for De Ligt either considering we already have 4 centre halves. Any additions in that position depend on Kompany’s plans for the future and even then it’ll be an experienced, happy-to-sit-out-most-weeks, JFE type signing, not another player with potential.

The Isco and Thiago links are interesting considering what Pep said about Silva but again I think it’s guesswork and I imagine we won’t go in for that type of player this summer.

If paper talk is to be believed we’re planning on signing 3 players at the most, a defensive minded midfielder who can ping the ball around, a winger who can play across the front line, and possibly an experienced defender. But when do things ever go to plan? Whatever happens here’s a list of targets from credible sources over the past few months;

Holding midfielder:
Weigl
Fred
NDombele

Winger/Forward:
Hazard (fat chance)
Lewandowski (fat chance)
Bailley
Zaha
Reasonable post. I'd also add Mahrez as a potential transfer target.

Edit: and exclude Lewa - I'm sure Pep isn't interested in a one-dimensional target man.

Last edited:
Reasonable post. I'd also add Mahrez as a potential transfer target.

Edit: and exclude Lewa - I'm sure Pep isn't interested in a one-dimensional target man.

I don’t think we’ll go for Mahrez. He may be on our list of targets but there’ll be players that Pep has prioritised over him. He was the only winger from our list available in January after the Sanchez debacle apparently.

I’m not sure about the Lewandowski. Was very dismissive when I first heard it but a few reliable sources have said it’s something to keep an eye on.

Delph has shown many times this season that we doesn't need another LB. Mendy comkng back will be like a new signing, and Delph will be second choice. Angelino hopefully replaces Zinchenko (both because he's better and HG) and can play LB as well. A DM and another winger is all we need. If we get another DM, Fernandinho could play RB, CB, LB and DM

Mendy has to prove himself to be first choice IMO. Delph has been magnificent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.