It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son would be a great signing. What would be a realistic price for him? 50-60m?

No point in trying to do a deal with Levy unless the player makes it clear he wants to go. A speculative bid for Son would see us being quoted something mad like £75 /£80m.

Just cannot see us signing another CB - why would we? One of our CBs can't get a game at the moment, another £50m signing that wouldn't even get on the bench makes absolutely zero sense. The only way it happens is if one leaves.

Fernandinho replacement and a forward. Outside of that, we don't really need much else. I could potentially see us going for a jack of all trades type signing as well, but feel that was what was intended with Danilo and that was just a waste.

Ederson, Bravo
Walker, Maffeo, Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, Laporte, Mendy, Delph
Fernandinho, new signing (Weigl?)
KDB, Silva, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden
Sterling, Sane, new signing (Bailey?)
Aguero, Jesus

An excellent squad that will be more well rounded than this season. Plenty of players able to fill in as well - Gundo and Delph in the DM role, Bernardo on the wing etc.

Last edited:
Truly. But, what about the DM position? Thiago isn't great defensively where he can play DM alone for a team.
I honestly don't believe in the tackling DM. Im not against having one, but for the most part having one will mostly be unnecessary. 90% of our games wouldn't require one, and for the 10% that does, you can play Dihno or use inverted fullbacks (i.e Delph and Walker forming a 3 ) with a passer at DM.

If the above were our choices it would be good. Not my 1st choice, but very acceptable.

Mine would be SMS and Zaha

I honestly don't believe in the tackling DM. Im not against having one, but for the most part having one will mostly be unnecessary. 90% of our games wouldn't require one, and for the 10% that does, you can play Dihno or use inverted fullbacks (i.e Delph and Walker forming a 3 ) with a passer at DM.

If the above were our choices it would be good. Not my 1st choice, but very acceptable.

Mine would be SMS and Zaha

Sergej is a top talent but no chance he comes to us IMO

He would cost over £100m. Also said the gouger was the best manager in the world and zlatan is his favorite player.

He is a typical rag signing. Over priced, over rated, on astromical wages. Agent will demand he starts every game.

Would love Zaha though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.