It's quiet... summer 2018.

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by york away to this!, 1 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richards30

richards30

Maybe if we were looking to make only a couple of big signings then yes? Loads of rumors not long ago about hazard and he would have been £120m plus! Mbappe would be an investment for now and the future

2. Delphinho

Delphinho

I know that PSG have an option to buy him, but if they can't have him because of FFP, would they have to buy him first and then sell him or could they just withdrawn from the deal? If so, we should throw 180m at Monaco for Mbappe and Fabinho

3. MCFC ISRAEL

MCFC ISRAEL

From my view we need :
    Ryan Sessegnon
    CB (De Ligt??)
    Savic from lazio
    Thiago/Isco
    Griezmann
    What do you guys think?

4. ak93city

ak93city

That's a nice list but it seems that we aren't targeting more than 3 players. Forward, DM, maybe CB apparently.

5. TRUE BLUE NO1

TRUE BLUE NO1

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 2h2 hours ago
    Manchester City will move for Kylian Mbappé (19) if PSG have to cash in on the forward after failing to meet Financial Fair Play rules. [@MullockSMirror]

Manchester City are ahead of Arsenal and Bayern Munich in the race to sign Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt (18) after the Dutch club put a £50m price-tag on him. [@MullockSMirror]

Pep Guardiola wants a reunion with Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcântara (27) this summer with Manchester City eyeing a £50m transfer. [Mail on Sunday]

[​IMG]
    35 replies47 retweets253 likes

Last edited: 15 Apr 2018
  6. Trautmann's Chiropractor

Trautmann's Chiropractor

I rate Mullock but think he’s way off the mark with that article. The Mbappe link is purely assumption and comes across as his own guesswork. Even if PSG do get into bother with FFP the worst that’ll happen is a hefty fine and a ban from the CL for a year, they won’t need to sell players. Plus there would be no way we go in for De Ligt either considering we already have 4 centre halves. Any additions in that position depend on Kompany’s plans for the future and even then it’ll be an experienced, happy-to-sit-out-most-weeks, JFE type signing, not another player with potential.

The Isco and Thiago links are interesting considering what Pep said about Silva but again I think it’s guesswork and I imagine we won’t go in for that type of player this summer.

If paper talk is to be believed we’re planning on signing 3 players at the most, a defensive minded midfielder who can ping the ball around, a winger who can play across the front line, and possibly an experienced defender. But when do things ever go to plan? Whatever happens here’s a list of targets from credible sources over the past few months;

Holding midfielder:
    Weigl
    Fred
    NDombele

Winger/Forward:
    Hazard (fat chance)
    Lewandowski (fat chance)
    Bailley
    Zaha

7. Serg10Aguero

Serg10Aguero

Perhaps Thiago could play the holding mid? I remember reading he's pretty good defensively, but he is quite injury prone.

8. Dax777

Dax777

Yokes! Thise 3 will be something special.

9. NoahCity

NoahCity

Is Thiago really a defensive minded player though? He seems like someone who is more along the lines of Silva when we need someone to be tackling. De Ligt and Mbappe sound pretty good though.

10. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

I think we should experiment with a tall forward. Even someone like Giroud could benefit from accurate over the top balls from DeBruyne, Silva and Ederson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.