It's quiet... summer 2018.

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by york away to this!, 1 Feb 2018.

1. waspish

waspish

200m will get you 1 world class player or 2 great ones

2. Delphinho

Delphinho

Don't think we need a CB or a LB. Only a DM (Fabinho, Ndombele, Jorginho, Neves) and a winger

3. BlueDejong

BlueDejong

Mcdonell & Ducker said that
    "Guardiola has targeted a centre-back, holding midfielder and versatile forward as the positions he feels need addressing this summer, with City having already identified several targets they are keen to tie up before the World Cup begins in June."

4. Delphinho

Delphinho

Who could the CB be? Alderweireld? Definitely one of the best CBs in the PL, but he's 29 and Lewy would be asking for a lot of money. I would prefer a quicker CB like Koulibaly or Upamecano. De Ligt also looks great.

5. nmc

nmc

Absolutely- so in the first instance UEFA will be guilty - it then remains to be seen whether UEFA decide to punish us - unlikely - more likely UEFA will change their rules and procedures going forward. Only way we are guilty is if we’ve acted improperly and not been honest with UEFA but that’s not even alleged.

6. BlueDejong

BlueDejong

Mullock was said about De Ligt? maybe him...?

7. shak

shak

I'm sorry but if De Ligt joins us he is mad. We have a ready made future pairing of Laporte and Stones and a current very good pairing in Kompany and Otamendi. Even if Pep bins Kompany, which would be mad, De Ligt would have to be unreal to get in ahead of Laporte because we only just signed him. I'm a huge believer in Johnno but even if he never ever regains his form there wouldn't be any point in playing two left sided centre backs so thats not a route in either. The only player it would make sense for him to replace is Ota and we just handed him a new contract so that's not happening.

8. MCFC ISRAEL

MCFC ISRAEL

Ederson
    Walker laporte /de ligt stones/ota mendy
    Savic
    KDB isco
    Sterling/bailly Sane
    Aguero/jesus

Can I get an amen??

9. MillionDollarDream

MillionDollarDream

Ajax is a mess currently and all their talent are looking to leave so they will probably jump at the first big club that makes a genuine offer even if it’s best they just stay at Ajax another year

10. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

Oh eck I can see JFE for 3m being the CB as to the others no idea.