It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we do that, it would cost us nearly 200 mill, and what would we do with both.
Both can play left or right and both can compete with Sane and Sterling on both flanks. Khaldoon talked about buying players to compete with our squad.. maybe it's Mahrez or Hazard but won't surprise me if we buy both if the price was right.

Both can play left or right and both can compete with Sane and Sterling on both flanks. Khaldoon talked about buying players to compete with our squad.. maybe it's Mahrez or Hazard but won't surprise me if we buy both if the price was right.
So who out of our current 4 forwards or 5 with Bernardo makes room in the squad?

Positionally Mahrez is a bit of a luxury as it stands, but if Bernardo & Sterling are earmarked for being sometimes used in other roles (Sterling seemed to be the subject of several central experiments late season) then it becomes more logical. Mahrez feeding Sterling's pace as he does Vardy for example.

Re the left side: some of Jesus' best performances prior to signing for City, imo, were when he played on that side, including some great defensive effort, & although he's shown nothing yet for City, when moved there, it doesn't mean he won't do in the future, if Pep decides to use that as an option.

The upside of Mahrez would be, imo, that he'd be coming here as someone who wants to prove himself, not as someone who thinks he's the star man, & that he is a tricky fucker, who may open up spaces v bus parkers.
Mahrez leaves Leicester, Vardy to score less than 15 next season. He makes them tick

I forget to mention that we need to consider replacing David, Hazard can fill that role. Both Mahrez and Hazard are extremely versatile players.
Consider, yes but it wont be this summer. I still expect Bernardo and as time goes on Foden to take over. Zinchenko will make way to fit one forward in the squad can't see anyone else leaving. I'm certain it will only be one forward coming in.

I honestly dont see Hazard moving to City or any other English team that would be the craziest decision Chelsea could make. Also I just dont see us paying what Chelsea want for him and I honestly feel with what we have in at the club already is just as good as Hazard is and they have the potential to be better than Hazard is too. I just feel this window we need to find Fernandhinos long term replacement. Also with a eye of replacing Kompany and Silva too in the next 2 seasons. If we get a Mahrez I dont think it adds a lot of competition for places but its a start who we go for as a holding midfielder i am more interested in. Our spine of the team will be slowly coming to the end and finding the replacements for Silva , Aguero and Kompany is going to be key for us for the years to come.
Saying that I can see our new spine being Eddie , Walker , KDB , Sterling and hopefully we will see Sane and Jesus being the go to men too with time.

Pep will definitely not go for a big target man

He will look for alternatives to break the bus not try and go over the top
Pep will definitely not go for a big target man

He will look for alternatives to break the bus not try and go over the top

I am talking about a technically gifted target man. Someone that can do the pass and move stuff like jesus but can be on the end of a whipped in delivery aerially as well as on the ground. It is another string to our bow. Agree Pep is unlikely to but I think we should consider it. It works in England. Look at Dzeko and Giroud's goals from the bench.

I am talking about a technically gifted target man. Someone that can do the pass and move stuff like jesus but can be on the end of a whipped in delivery aerially as well as on the ground. It is another string to our bow. Agree Pep is unlikely to but I think we should consider it. It works in England. Look at Dzeko and Giroud's goals from the bench.
What we did last season without one seemed to work in England alright.

Mahrez fills anywhere across the attack & Jorginio allows Dave & KDB good rest. Kev was average for around 5 weeks from March this season his energy levels dropped & rightly so for his awesome season.

I still think Dino will be 1st choice in most games with Dave, KDB, Gundagun & Jorginio each rested.

Could Gundagun be sold?

Mahrez, Sane, B Silva & Sterling WOW.

Mahrez fills anywhere across the attack & Jorginio allows Dave & KDB good rest. Kev was average for around 5 weeks from March this season his energy levels dropped & rightly so for his awesome season.

I still think Dino will be 1st choice in most games with Dave, KDB, Gundagun & Jorginio each rested.

Could Gundagun be sold?

Mahrez, Sane, B Silva & Sterling WOW.

We have a plethora of players who can do what Vardy does & Mahrez is very very good at finding him.

Fern probably won't be needed vs a lot of the lesser teams, if we have Jorginho to take over. In the really tough games, we can possibly play both.

Gundogan imo, will get next season to try & reach his Dortmund level. If it doesn't happen he'll be phased out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.