It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I’ve watched Isco I’ve been impressed. Strikes me as an ideal replacement, not like for like obviously, for silva. If I was choosing between him and Mahrez I’d pick Isco. I know that’s not the situation but I think he’s a better footballer. I thought him and d. Silva were brilliant on Friday night. I’d love to see them play together in sky blue.

I prefer Mahrez to Isco in the attacking 3rd & Jorginho in the deeper 3rd. Isco is probably better in the inbetween bit, but we have KDB & DS there, who are both better than Isco. And Bernardo can soon catch him up imo as can Phil Foden.
Bernardo I agree with. Foden is way too soon to tell but hopefully he can reach that level.

If he was available then Mahrez wouldn't be bought.

I do agree our next targets have to be World class but don't see that happening till Aguero & Silva have left.

Will be interesting what Hazard does after the World Cup.
Doubt it. They're a similar level to me with Mahrez slightly better, but Mahrez still has the hunger, I don't think Isco does at club level. Moving here and getting the chance to work with Guardiola will drive Mahrez onto a new level.

On a level playing field, last years squad was capable of winning the CL imo.
This. We are already talented enough. We were just unlucky. Just like Barca and Bayern sre also yalentet enough.

Players aren't gonna make the difference here. Intensity, luck and opportunity will. But adding more talent will improve our chances of arriving at the moment with enough talent to succeed.

This. We are already talented enough. We were just unlucky. Just like Barca and Bayern sre also yalentet enough.

Players aren't gonna make the difference here. Intensity, luck and opportunity will. But adding more talent will improve our chances of arriving at the moment with enough talent to succeed.

The most unlogical part is when someone say we need X player so when we face Liverpool we will control the midfield more or have better protection from their counter attacks.

In the CL they were so lucky with ref decisions ( Salah 1st goal was offside, Sane goal was inside and another big call that went to their favor)
In the league, the team switched off for 15-20 minutes and conceded many goals.
In addition to that I think neither Delph nor Mendy played against Liverpool and they exposed the left side.

Anyway, we don't need anyone to beat Liverpool.
We just need a good replacement for Fernandinho since he is 33.

Ding ding ding :)

That's actually complete bollocks & the very reason City employ thousands of people around the world specifically to watch players in person, & why Txiki himself does so much travelling, to do the same & indeed a lot of the stats City will use will be compiled by people going out watching players in person.

They even eavesdrop on their private lives in order to try & judge the player they are signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.