It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a poster alluded to earlier Jesus suffers because he is not Aguero but who is ? Jesus will be one of the most effective strikers in world football in the next couple of seasons.
He has clever feet ,and if he gets the opportunity to play/train with Messi then we will see the full potential of Jesus bloom . I always feel when watching him that he holds back on his natural ability to use the ball in tight situations, instead he looks for a pass instead of believing in his abilities to dribble/bamboozle the defender or simply dance into a scoring position. He has done it in the past but he needs a player like Messi to draw those talents out of him . Foden has had Silva to watch, but Jesus has not had a mentor of the same ilk as him to watch and learn from . Kun is Kun and is a different type of striker .

If we get messi one of the attackers will be surplus to our requirement. Aguero/jesus/sterling/torres/Mahrez/bernardo/foden... with CMF of Debruyne/Gundo, Rodri/Ferna we already have 11 players for 6 position. Yes 12 is needed for that some academy guy can come. So we can afford one of our strikers to leave and if required buy a tall lanky striker in cheap. As some plays need a tall striker. That may not be needed if messi is here but just for options. Not necessary but if jesus is willing to go we can afford that.
Bernardo and Foden are both midfielders really.

This is Messi's official Social Media the one with 166m followers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901_144225.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901_144225.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 84
If we stepped in now, we would be volunteering to give Barca money & give them an easy way out.

Messi is potentially losing fucking fortunes at the moment, by not dancing to Barca's tune but is willing to accept it, which is something I never believed he would do.

He's not doing that in order to become unemployed, obviously thinks he's heading somewhere.

I think that's spot on.

Messi has informed Barca that he's activated a clause in his contract and is no longer a Barca player. As Barca are disputing his interpretation of the clause, we need those two parties to reach an understanding before we can take formal steps towards signing him.

If Messi's Dad is unable to convince them to honour the clause in the contract then no doubt they will escalate it, I'm guessing to FIFA? So it looks like City will either sign Messi on a free, when it is confirmed we are able to do so, or we will have to pay Barca if that is deemed necessary. We aren't going to volunteer to pay them now, but I'm sure we will have all angles covered and are prepared to move quickly once we have clarity on the status of his employment.

That's my take on it anyway, but I KFA so it might play out completely differently.

As a poster alluded to earlier Jesus suffers because he is not Aguero but who is ? Jesus will be one of the most effective strikers in world football in the next couple of seasons.
He has clever feet ,and if he gets the opportunity to play/train with Messi then we will see the full potential of Jesus bloom . I always feel when watching him that he holds back on his natural ability to use the ball in tight situations, instead he looks for a pass instead of believing in his abilities to dribble/bamboozle the defender or simply dance into a scoring position. He has done it in the past but he needs a player like Messi to draw those talents out of him . Foden has had Silva to watch, but Jesus has not had a mentor of the same ilk as him to watch and learn from . Kun is Kun and is a different type of striker .
Who better striker can jesus get as a mentor than aguero. Well messi is but aguero and messi are not that vocal leaders. they only lead through actions but not like kompany/terry does.
We need a clinical striker. Well jesus might be/ can be one but the thing is if we can get messi he can be let go. Not necessarily as i dont want him to go but for messi that much we have to sacrifice. But its not a certainty that they will want jesus. Barca might ask for bernardo instead of jesus. Whatever happens we trust our board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.