It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imho, the only way I see Gab going to Barca is if we are lining up a move for maybe Lautero who has apparently ruled out a move to Barca. We have a double year due to FFP being relaxed for COVID, so maybe the club are looking that way?? The fear I have is for Phil Foden, who doesn’t seem to be on anyone’s starting eleven...unless Pep has a new system of 2 1 5 2, which would allow him to play Phil as the inside left of the 5, or a back 3 then i think he’ll struggle for game time again with the usual 4 3 3 unless the 5 sub rule is resurrected...

There is no logic to Foden not being in anyone's starting 11, so I wouldn't worry too much at this stage.

Tolmie is on YouTube as we speak looking for his next video to post .. as long as it ain’t a heartbreak song we will Be alright

Interesting insight. Thanks for posting.

When you look at things in these terms, which probably most fans don't, it makes you realise how fortunate were are to have probably the best owners in football. How many have replicated our model? Not many. There are signs that Wolves or Sheffield United might be looking at how we do things, but the traditional big clubs - Liverpool, Arsenal, United et al, plus others in the G14, are all standing around, pointing, ridiculing, laughing, saying it won't last as we are just a play thing of the rich. And while they are doing that, Khaldoon turns us into the most powerful football entity on the planet.

Look at Rawk, or Red Cafe. Their fans generally all complaining, accusing us of cheating because we're getting Messi. How unfair it is, because they are big clubs and we are just an upstart with no history. Well, wake up and smell the coffee. Whilst we might be 'a small club with no history', they are fast becoming insignificant clubs with no future. We have overtaken Liverpool in terms of income. United are in our sights. If they are as big as their fans always claim, ask them why are Liverpool and United giving us a free run at Messi? Deep down, they know they are operating at levels well below ours.
No one likes Liverpool but they are no mugs.

I do think there's a lot to the argument that Messi makes sense for City in a way that wouldn't be so for other football clubs. Like it or not, Manchester City are part of an international group, and Messi has impact beyond the pitch, and beyond Manchester City.

Technically absolutely not, physically naturally yes. The balance between the two is not detrimental right now, however as we've seen with Silva and Toure that can change very quickly, even over the course of a season.
I know but Messi could play his position til he's 40. He walks around or stands still through a game and he has 10-15 bursts when he's off before anybody clocks him.

Md repeating the same brief, won't sell below release clause / not sale.

Otherwise quiet day. Hopefully something happening behind the scenes

No one likes Liverpool but they are no mugs.

I do think there's a lot to the argument that Messi makes sense for City in a way that wouldn't be so for other football clubs. Like it or not, Manchester City are part of an international group, and Messi has impact beyond the pitch, and beyond Manchester City.

Manure would gladly sign Messi if they could. Apparently, he doesn't want to go there.

Agree that City being part of an international group increases off the field effects from signing Messi.

IF, Jesus has asked to move,a big IF, then put him on the open market and he is sold to the highest bidder, even in these difficult times he would have plenty of takers.

I would love to see Messi with us, but not at all costs. Two seasons is the consensus on his contract with us, then 3 at NYCFC. Talk of 350k week, same in image rights and then a large compensation fee on top to me is too much.

Forgetting Messi for a minute, a transfer window of Ake, Torres and Koulibaly, would be slightly underwhelming and a worry.
If we get messi one of the attackers will be surplus to our requirement. Aguero/jesus/sterling/torres/Mahrez/bernardo/foden... with CMF of Debruyne/Gundo, Rodri/Ferna we already have 11 players for 6 position. Yes 12 is needed for that some academy guy can come. So we can afford one of our strikers to leave and if required buy a tall lanky striker in cheap. As some plays need a tall striker. That may not be needed if messi is here but just for options. Not necessary but if jesus is willing to go we can afford that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.