It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things, one already stated to Mossside blue and the other seems to be on valuation of players, we're not budging and neither are selling teams by the looks of it

I work in sales and I want to sell things to you.

And indeed the many armchair negotiators on here, some of who just can't seem to cope with the idea of delayed gratification. I'd be able to retire years early.

I can't promise you City signings Eeyore46, but I absolutely guarantee you'll see a shit ton of transfers next week. It's negotiation 101.

it does seem that since kaldhoons interview we seem to have hit the buffers abit? Pep seems pissed about it as well it seems?

We don't really know what's happening but we seem to spend month and months planning for a transfer window and then Pep seems to change his mind and we are left with a more dynamic situation switching targets etc. during the window. Modern transfer deals are incredibly complex and pulling them together in a few weeks is incredibly difficult. I wonder whether we did have Aouar boxed off but when the Messi option became a genuine option we backed off and we are waiting to see whether that goes over the line before making a final decision.

We don't really know what's happening but we seem to spend month and months planning for a transfer window and then Pep seems to change his mind and we are left with a more dynamic situation switching targets etc. during the window. Modern transfer deals are incredibly complex and pulling them together in a few weeks is incredibly difficult. I wonder whether we did have Aouar boxed off but when the Messi option became a genuine option we backed off and we are waiting to see whether that goes over the line before making a final decision.
I think it's odd that the most fundamental siging: a right sided central defender was not boxed off early in the way that Ake and Torres were.

Variables like Messi, Pep's mind surely don't affect our need to replace Kompany and yet it is the transfer that appears to have been on the backburner.

do it 37 more times and you'd have a point.

In addition to a centre back, I believe we need another midfielder, a striker and possibly a left back. But I wouldn’t completely dismiss our chances if we only sign a centre back.

I expect Ake, Cancelo, Rodri, Foden, Bernardo and Jesus to be key players for us this season.

In addition to a centre back, I believe we need another midfielder, a striker and possibly a left back. But I wouldn’t completely dismiss our chances if we only sign a centre back.

I expect Ake, Cancelo, Rodri, Foden, Bernardo and Jesus to be key players for us this season.

that's the issue, you mention 3 spots where we need a new signing and then mentioned at least 3 players as being key who if they play any significant part without major additions will leave us short as we were last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.