It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we dont get Koulibaly, Ake is still a MASSIVE upgrade on stones and otamendi, Ake made zero errors leading to goals last year hes a solid defender him and Laporte will be huge for us i reckon.

True, but we need another one like him. Then we’re good to go.

Ridiculous to say we haven't improved with our two new signings when you haven't even see them kick a ball for us.

When will people ever learn that you can sign the biggest of names and still be no better off.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say they won’t be an improvement on Silva and Sane. Also i was taking into account Dinho and Serge will only decline a little further next season so yes over 2 years we’ve not improved the team as Rodders is certainly not an improvement on Dinho.

Nothing against the 2 signings they should be good additions but it’s pretty clear we needed a couple of real top notch signings this summer.

For everyone worrying about lack of signings btw, I think it's worth looking at the activity of other clubs for comparison.

United have one signing and Liverpool have none.

Barcelona have the strange Pjanic swap and the only other likely first teamer is a 20 year old Portuguese winger for €30m.

Real Madrid have made no moves to date.

PSG signed Icardi (who we wouldn't have wanted but still) and a backup goalkeeper.

Bayern took Leroy from us and did their usual trick of fucking over another Bundesliga team by tapping up their Goalkeeper and having him run down his contract.

Only Chelsea have made several significant first team signings.

It seems like it's not an easy summer and there's a lot left in the tank for the end of the transfer window.
Everton have done OK & Newcastle will have enough with there business

off topic but Kang in lee for Valencia looks a talent, running the midfield for valencia when he has the ball 2 assists right now in the game plays a little like David Silva

Im going to go out on a limb here and say they won’t be an improvement on Silva and Sane. Also i was taking into account Dinho and Serge will only decline a little further next season so yes over 2 years we’ve not improved the team as Rodders is certainly not an improvement on Dinho.

Nothing against the 2 signings they should be good additions but it’s pretty clear we needed a couple of real top notch signings this summer.

Anyone is an improvement on sane last season as he never played so in that sense we are already better off in the forward department than we were last season and we are better off in the defensive department on last season with laporte back and ake signed I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 more additions too.

As Qatari backed jewel in PSG crown, I just don’t see him leaving the year of the World Cup. Qatar know good chance french win and will want there poster boy, even in a french kit, holding it alift
Think Naymar is the face & jewel not Mbappa, Naymar is highly paid by being the ambassador of the World Cup another way of getting him paid

Anyone is an improvement on sane last season as he never played so in that sense we are already better off in the forward department than we were last season and we are better off in the defensive department on last season with laporte back and ake signed I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 more additions too.
And though none of us like saying it, in energy and pressing at least Foden improves on David, or Bernardo does if he plays there.

And though none of us like saying it, in energy and pressing at least Foden improves on David, or Bernardo does if he plays there.

Yeah and I totally expect 1 of the 2 to take David's place in midfield as we dont need 5 wide players. I think the squad actually looks well balanced maybe another cb to replace otamendi and maybe another Cm squad player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.