It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing what value empathy and PR has in the transfer process. Bartomeu does not mind being cast as the villain. He won but as SSN said, it could be regarded as a pyrrhic victory because he's won an unhappy player who will likely move on a free now. The Barca board might look at that and think actually I prefer to keep the £100m in wages and I'll take a £100m fee too. This Barca side needs surgery.
To be honest, Messi was already asking to leave on a free. From Bartomeu perspective, he has succeeded in stopping that. He doesn't need anything more.

Last edited:
So seems laporta at Barca has started the process to oust Bertomeu. Is this good for us? On one hand might make things easier for Messi to stay and be happy or on the other hand would the Incoming president want to cash in on Messi whilst he has a monetary value.
Also not sure given this is the start of the process to oust is it likely to be a quick resolution or could it drag on for weeks/months?

Doubt this happens in January. Just don’t see what will change. Looks like Barca hope changing the Board, etc. may change Messi’s mind - and it very well might...who knows, a lot can happen in 6 months

I hope we have our other transfers in motion. Hopefully Koulibaly, and another striker

So seems laporta at Barca has started the process to oust Bertomeu. Is this good for us? On one hand might make things easier for Messi to stay and be happy or on the other hand would the Incoming president want to cash in on Messi whilst he has a monetary value.
Also not sure given this is the start of the process to oust is it likely to be a quick resolution or could it drag on for weeks/months?
Imagine you get Bartomeu ousted, you are the new president and the first thing you do is selling Messi. Would be madness, haha.

LUIS ENRIQUE SPEAKS ON MESSI
"I would have liked an agreement between Barça and Messi"
"I don't know whether to pronounce on Messi ..., but I'm going to do it. I think the clubs are above all people, players and presidents. Barcelona, founded in 1899 is one of the best in the world, which has won titles always. It is evident that there has been a wonderful relationship. Leo has made Barça grow exponentially but I would have liked a lot more if a friendly agreement had been reached. Sooner or later Messi will stop playing at Barça. It's good born to be grateful for both parties, and it would have been good if it had been all friendly. Barcelona will continue to win titles without Messi, and Messi will continue to be a wonderful footballer, "said the coach during the press conference prior to the game against Switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.