It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised at many of the comments in here. We have got the best manager in our history (sorry Joe), and are playing the best football in our history, as far as I can say in my early 60’s. The last 10 years has been hugely the most successful in our history. Yet we still get a huge number of posters that everything isn’t quite as they would like it, slagging off players, the manager, the senior execs. Spoiled fucking cunts
For those of that go 'all the way back' and remember when our redeeming feature was to slag off the shallow and entitled fans of the scumredbastards - I worry that some of our fan base are starting to develop the same characteristics

Of course we all want to see the CB role fixed - but let's let the management of our club to their job without resorting to silly slagging off

All the evidence of the last years is that they are very good at their jobs

I am really surprised at many of the comments in here. We have got the best manager in our history (sorry Joe), and are playing the best football in our history, as far as I can say in my early 60’s. The last 10 years has been hugely the most successful in our history. Yet we still get a huge number of posters that everything isn’t quite as they would like it, slagging off players, the manager, the senior execs. Spoiled fucking cunts
That’s modern society I’m afraid mate and it isn’t going to change. I’m finding that I come on here less and less because theirs rarely any decent conversation or debate anymore. Just spilt brats wanting more, more, more and now, now, now

Agreed, we do have the best manager in our history, we are playing some brilliant football... but don't you sit there and think that we are wasting this brilliant opportunity to attract some of the very best players in world football whilst Pep is here?

We brought Pep in to move up a level, which we have domestically. Have we moved up a level in the Champions League? No, we haven't.

Is it down to the mentality of the club? Is it down to Pep overthinking certain matches? Is it down to not having the players at our disposal in every position for Pep to trust them to play our usual attacking game?

You do have to look at where we came from, but there is also nothing wrong with having ambition. We aren't the same side we were 20 years ago, we are a superpower now.

Kounde has a massive leap for 5ft 11 defender, he won every corner for sevilla also hitting the bar jumping above the like of dzeko and their tall CB. Also put this in the Kounde thread but he won all his aerial duels vs dzeko.

Agreed, we do have the best manager in our history, we are playing some brilliant football... but don't you sit there and think that we are wasting this brilliant opportunity to attract some of the very best players in world football whilst Pep is here?

We brought Pep in to move up a level, which we have domestically. Have we moved up a level in the Champions League? No, we haven't.

Is it down to the mentality of the club? Is it down to Pep overthinking certain matches? Is it down to not having the players at our disposal in every position for Pep to trust them to play our usual attacking game?

You do have to look at where we came from, but there is also nothing wrong with having ambition. We aren't the same side we were 20 years ago, we are a superpower now.
There’s a difference between ambition and brattish over the top wailing. Nobody is perfect every season but there is only 1 club finished top 4 for all of the last 10 seasons. I fucking love the football we play, the trophies we win, and of course I’d like to win them all, but we can’t. The level of cuntishness from many of the posters is a disgrace. Although of course it warms my heart to know that they know more about managing a team and a club than Pep, Txikki and Feran do. Makes me fucking sick tbh

Its understandable to be frustrated with the window if we don't get a right sided CB.
The time to express frustration at not signing a right sided centre back in this window is when we fail to sign a right sided centre back in this window. Until then people need to chill and let the club do their thing. Or get stressed and criticise the club prematurely. Won’t change the outcome either way though so I choose to chill and trust the club.

People arguing about £20 million for KK and saying we should split the difference has no idea how negotiations work.

ADL says he wants £80 million.
We say we will pay £60 million.
We blink first and say and say meet in the middle at £70 million.

ADL says so £70 million is your new valuation, lets start negotiating then.

Then we end up paying around £75 - £78 million.

We have to set a value and be prepared to walk away, especially given his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.