It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you are spot on TH and Ive said itseveral times myself.

Stones is the better centre half of the two (esp in the premiership) - If Barca want Garcia Id sell him in a heartbeat - he is good but I tiink long term he will struggle int he premiership- playing for Barca in a two horse league most weeks will be more suited to him.

If we can get Stones head right and bring in Ake and Koulibaly (or even plan B to him whoeever that might be) and sell Garcia and Ota then our centre half options look considerably stronger
good post .

We lost our son 13 and a half years ago and quite honestly neither myself or my wife have recovered, and accept that we never will...people deal with traumas in their lives in different ways...the irony on top of all this is that he has missed everything that came afterwards...needless to say, we cried buckets of joy and grief after the Agueroooo moment...

Brilliant post. None of us know what’s happened in Stones personal life but he’s clearly struggling and he needs time and space to sort himself out. Football may not be a priority for him right now.

Potuguese Cup Final just finished, 10-man Porto beat Benfica 2-1. Mad game, Porto had a player and their manager sent off at 0-0 but then went 2-0 up. Then the ref gave Benfica a late penalty. And sent off a Benfica coach in injury time.
Ruben Dias played for Benfica and Alex Telles for Porto. Neither looked anywhere near good enough for us tbh

Torres worth 40 paid 25

Ake worth 25 paid 40

Wonder if we overpaid because we underpaid
Ake is probably 30 million with 5 million add ons. So we paid probably 5/6 million more for his premier league experience and home grown quota. Plus we have to beat chelsea for the amount. If we had paid less than there is more chance that chelsea will match the offer. That might be another reason for paying more.

Ake is probably 30 million with 5 million add ons. So we paid probably 5/6 million more for his premier league experience and home grown quota. Plus we have to beat chelsea for the amount. If we had paid less than there is more chance that chelsea will match the offer. That might be another reason for paying more.

Ake is £40m with £1m in add ons.

We`re paying a good fee for a 25 year old and he`s no Johnny Fucking Evans !!

Both Torres and Ake are great purchases.

Kane however I seriously question (if we are in for him) - Id go as far to say that I hope we are NOT in for him and IM one who has been calling for reinforcements int hat department.....

Kane now or someone like Halland in a year is a no brainer to me - Having an injury prone Kane on high wages stops our development in that area of the next 4 -5 years and his injuries are only going to cause more issues and become more reoccurring.

To highlight the absence of Laporte this season, here’s a stat:

We conceded a goal every 220 minutes that he played

for context, the player next on that list is Boly of Wolves, who conceded a goal every 131 minutes he played

VVD conceded a goal every 103 minutes he’s played

We conceded 5 goals in the 15 games he’s played, and 30 in the 23 he missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.