It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There lies the main problem with City at present.

Folks discussing whether various players in absolutely key positions have been 'pretty good' or not.

If KDB, Vinny, Yaya, DS, Dinho, Sergio etc had been 'pretty good' we wouldn't have won many trophies.
In Yaya's time, City had a defence behind him and a forward line. We had a team capable of winning titles.

We have a side now with some wonderful players but we also don't have a defence. That was the case when the season ended and everyone in football assumed we'd address it in the Summer.

Is that a joke
Well barcelona are not. Man Utd certainly are not. Italian football is a joke...see Juve. They want to add Suarez to Ronaldo. Inter have become an old folk's home. At home Liverpool boss the Premier League.

All we needed to do was repair the central defence. The job is half done.

There lies the main problem with City at present.

Folks discussing whether various players in absolutely key positions have been 'pretty good' or not.

If KDB, Vinny, Yaya, DS, Dinho, Sergio etc had been 'pretty good' we wouldn't have won many trophies.

I think Vinny, Yaya and David Silva would have only managed a 'pretty good' after their first seasons with City so i will wait and see how Rodri gets on.

In Yaya's time, City had a defence behind him and a forward line. We had a team capable of winning titles.

We have a side now with some wonderful players but we also don't have a defence. That was the case when the season ended and everyone in football assumed we'd address it in the Summer.

We still have a team capable of winning titles now, if we buy a worldie cb though. But we are losing the core quality.

That group of players I listed are all proven, consistent, world class. Most of them played together at their peak.

'Pretty good' does not replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.