It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona should have cashed in on Messi whilst they had the chance.

Like it or not, the well managed clubs in European football at the moment are Liverpool and Bayern Munich.

Well the transfer window is still open.

To give you an idea of how badly run Barça are.... Vidal had a flight booked for Inter yesterday . It got canceled and he is going to be back in training at Barca today.

I think Vinny, Yaya and David Silva would have only managed a 'pretty good' after their first seasons with City so i will wait and see how Rodri gets on.
Rodri was playing in front of Fernandinho last season. Until City fix the central defence it will stress other parts of the team.

I think Vinny, Yaya and David Silva would have only managed a 'pretty good' after their first seasons with City so i will wait and see how Rodri gets on.

I think Vinny as a midfielder under Mark Hughes, would have struggled to manage that.

Not a fair comparison though is it ?

The others were all 2 levels above Rodri, when we signed them.

There lies the main problem with City at present.

Folks discussing whether various players in absolutely key positions have been 'pretty good' or not.

If KDB, Vinny, Yaya, DS, Dinho, Sergio etc had been 'pretty good' we wouldn't have won many trophies.

I'd say some of the players you mention started with 'pretty good' seasons before having great ones.

I don't get all this negativity regarding Rodri. He's a different type of player to Fernandinho so it's not his fault that defensively, as a team, we failed last season. Centre backs were a big issue but a failure to press more as a team was just as important.

Also, we lacked build up play, with Laporte being injured and others out of form. So I think there was more pressure on Rodri to get on the ball to get things moving.

In short too much was expected from him in a position that gets a hell of a lot of focus.

With a fit Laporte, and the likes of Ake and Koulibaly there will be less pressure on Rodri both in build up and defensively. Ahead of him we might have more vitality in the press with more game time for Foden and the addition of Torres.

I think Rodri will have a great season.

Well barcelona are not. Man Utd certainly are not. Italian football is a joke...see Juve. They want to add Suarez to Ronaldo. Inter have become an old folk's home. At home Liverpool boss the Premier League.

All we needed to do was repair the central defence. The job is half done.

Drugged up with the backing of VAR and the FA. What could go wrong? Nothing!

I'd say some of the players you mention started with 'pretty good' seasons before having great ones.

I don't get all this negativity regarding Rodri. He's a different type of player to Fernandinho so it's not his fault that defensively, as a team, we failed last season. Centre backs were a big issue but a failure to press more as a team was just as important.

Also, we lacked build up play, with Laporte being injured and others out of form. So I think there was more pressure on Rodri to get on the ball to get things moving.

In short too much was expected from him in a position that gets a hell of a lot of focus.

With a fit Laporte, and the likes of Ake and Koulibaly there will be less pressure on Rodri both in build up and defensively. Ahead of him we might have more vitality in the press with more game time for Foden and the addition of Torres.

I think Rodri will have a great season.

It wasn't negativity, just truth & I don't mean just Rodri.

Most of those players were better than Rodri, before we signed them.

Vinny was instantly better when he became a cb. (Maybe Rodri would be the same).

But those players were stars already.

We are not bringing in many at that level, anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.