It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we were determined to sign Koulibaly, had Diego Carlos as a back up, got frustrated with ADL, explored the option of signing Gimenez but settled on Kounde, negotiated with Sevilla and then we’re signing Diaz.

Thank goodness defenders from the Primeira Liga have always done well in England as the likes of Mangala and David Luiz have shown.

£50 million and and no more it seems,

Maybe we have committed money elsewhere, I suspect there will be a lot of movement in the market next week and a lot chairmen with twitching arses.

In these Covid times you can understand clubs wanting top dollar for their players, but many of these clubs are going to have to sell and are playing a game of poker. I suspect the buying clubs will be the ones with the power next week.

Why does it matter if it’s public or not ? If anything it might help bring other options like KK to the table for less. Or if Ottamendi is involved make other clubs bid for him Being in the public domaine does not matter what matters is quality and price
It matters if we perceive they did that to bring other suitors in - I believe he’s on Real’s radar. Maybe it’s nothing of the kind and other options were brought to the table, Dias being one.

So we were determined to sign Koulibaly, had Diego Carlos as a back up, got frustrated with ADL, explored the option of signing Gimenez but settled on Kounde, negotiated with Sevilla and then we’re signing Diaz.

Thank goodness defenders from the Primeira Liga have always done well in England as the likes of Mangala and David Luiz have shown.
Orrrrr, it's all made up press bullshit and they havent got a clue and we're actually after none of them

Did we honestly expect to get the quality of centre back we needed for less than €50m? Fuck me, sometimes you just have to push the boat out. That's how dippers got Van Dijk, just paid what was needed for the type of player needed.
I understand your point and feel the same way pretty much but there is a dangerous precedent here that could be set.
United probably thought the same when they eventually paid up for Maguire and ended up with a dud.

I admire the club's chance to not pay over the odds although it is frustrating for great talents. That's how we saved ourselves from Sanchez, Fred, Jorginho. What a clusterfuck that would be if we signed them all.
If only the alternative wasn't Ruben Dias.. I really fear he is gonna end up as backup to John Stones. Mistakes kill you in this level and take away confidence and he is going to make them.

That would be strange but we don’t know for sure who we’ve been in for do we? As far as we know, no concrete offer was made for KK, we like Gimenez but haven’t made a bid due to the price. Only firm interest seemed to be for Kounde until now. See no reason we couldn’t have done this much sooner though unless we’ve been waiting for someone else.

Due to the frequency and regularity of leaks I suspect City are drip feeding these stories, signalling to the selling clubs that they'd be happy with any one of Koulibaly, Gimenez, Koundé or Dias (so far). It's the opposite of stoking a bidding war.

I could be wrong but I think we'll go back for Koulibaly next week having set up the situation that this is very much the final offer.

Due to the frequency and regularity of leaks I suspect City are drip feeding these stories, signalling to the selling clubs that they'd be happy with any one of Koulibaly, Gimenez, Koundé or Dias (so far). It's the opposite of stoking a bidding war.

I could be wrong but I think we'll go back for Koulibaly next week having set up the situation that this is very much the final offer.
Maybe but I don’t think we leaked the Kounde bid. Hard to know the motives; Maybe Seville really are our best mates and leaked the bid for us. Doubt it. Hope you’re right about Koulibaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.