It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he passes left because it's easier to pass left with your left foot when you get the ball from your left, as a right sided CB does.
This does sound odd.

One of the most obvious things that City players do is receive the ball across their body, even if it's the wrong foot. I'd have thought Laporte, when a ball comes from the left, would receive with his right, and then play with the inside of his left boot, so it's then easier to play it to the right. (Short passes he should be able to play with either boot, but we don't expect to see him playing the difficult long passes out to the left wing, which is why he played in the FA semi - he was there to play the balls behind to Torres on the right).

If he's receiving with his left all the time, you're correct, that is going to make life difficult for him.

---

Just had a watch of the first 30 mins of the match. At the very start he does receive the ball on the outside of his left foot, control it that way and hit it back with the outside, but I didn't see him do it again. It was in the first five minutes so not surprised Izzy Christiansen noticed it - if you're starting the match wondering how he'll play on the "wrong" side of defence, and that's the first thing he does then it does make you worry.

However, after that, most of his passes to the left are with his right foot, as you'd expect. His chalkboard on whoscored doesn't tell you which foot he's playing with, but it shows that his passes are split almost exactly 50% left, 50% right. As a comparison Stones made something like twice as many passes to the left as he did to the right against Croatia.

I'd have thought most of Laporte's passes would be left to his keeper, Pau Torres or Rodri, the fact that they only make up half of his passes, suggests he actually has a bias to playing to the right, which is what you'd expect with a left footer.

We should sign that lad who plays for Belgium. He only came on as a sub so a lot probably don't rate him, but showed a bit of potential tonight. Provided an assist and scored the winner. Kevin something he's called...
He's quite good, but I heard he's just signed a new long term deal with his current club. Only 1 of the big Spanish clubs could afford him these days. He's not for the likes of us.

Its the same reason Sterling playing left wing annoys me sometimes, he can beat the full back on the outside but can't cross or pass first time because he has no left foot. Has to cut back onto his right, get his body shape sorted, which can lose momentum for the attack.
Think its shocking that a majority of professional footballers cannot use both feet to shoot, pass or cross a ball .
Didn't do me any harm has a kid hitting a ball against a wall with my dodgy leg until i mastered it .
Shame for cigs ,booze ,the girls & partying that got in the way during late teens or i maybe of played for roy of the rovers at Melchester rovers . lol !

City would rather hand a £100m signing on fee next season to Mbappe or Haaland than Spurs holding out for £150m.

Not that Mbappe would contemplate it.

It doesn't seem a coincidence that Kane mentioned £100m in his Sky interview.

£70m cash upfront, plus a player and think it will get done, leaving Spurs to try and pretend they will sell to Chelsea or United have loads of cash to spend.

Absolutely no chance. No chance at all, whatsoever

There's no chance of it happening anyway, nevermind at half the price levy wants plus a castoff of ours

It's fantasy. This is all complete and utter fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.