It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it the other way round? That when he plays forward he'd pass right because he's left footed?

That would make sense as to why people appear to be disagreeing, when it's a good point.

No, he passes left because it's easier to pass left with your left foot when you get the ball from your left, as a right sided CB does.

Good for you. I'm not on the fence about it, both BBC commentaries tv and radio mentioned it within the first 5 minutes of the game and I know that because it was just as I swapped from one to the other, and he carried on not passing well to the right throughout. He's not a right sided centreback and never will be, far too one footed.

He only played 1 long pass to the right - in the first minute.

If you disagree, that's fine.
I do. Categorically.

No, he passes left because it's easier to pass left with your left foot when you get the ball from your left, as a right sided CB does.
Its the same reason Sterling playing left wing annoys me sometimes, he can beat the full back on the outside but can't cross or pass first time because he has no left foot. Has to cut back onto his right, get his body shape sorted, which can lose momentum for the attack.

Exactly. Messi is calling the shots, so it still beggars belief he is playing right now with no contract already sorted at Barca.

It only makes sense if he has decided to join another club on July 1 or agrees to a Barca extension prior to it.

Doesn't sound as though Barca have certainty.

That Joan Gamper invite really is a weird one.

His mrs put on her Instagram yesterday about this summer their kids learning English, was an advert but a sign of preparation for enrolling at Ryleys?

Not to mention it feels more "protected" when you are passing with your right foot to the right and with your left foot to the left. You are essentially shielding the ball by having the ball further away from an opponent. This makes all the difference in quick build up and vs strong press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.