It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was another popular Italian 'journalist' on Twitter the other year, Tancredi, no?

People have to realise, in Italy and Spain, football gossip has been an industry in itself.

It's why we see a constant 'news' cycle out of Barca and Madrid, they have designated papers and outlets just to cover these clubs.

Same in Italy - they have to manufacture stuff simply to keep up with that demand - even when the season is over from a domestic point of view.

Romano is the very worst kind of reporter - he makes the story about himself because he needs to maintain his brand.

It's hard for a lot of the newspaper lads trying to compete with a 24-hour news cycle, which is why standards have dropped to the levels they have, certainly in terms of personality driven journalism.

It's a populist world, which results in large swathes of society wanting to attach themselves to someone or something.

Barca have a bludy populist leading them.

Fabrizio’s reputation is so big we have people saying that Stu who is a city journalist is not as reliable as Fabrizio

I'd take Stu over pretty much anybody else on City barring Blackburn and Gaughan (and myself;)

For a start, because they have to work with the club on a daily basis and there is an accountability which comes with that.

I used to make David Meek and Peter Gardner's tea 30 years ago.

Lost count the amount of times they could just pick up the phone to the managers.

The game is dead in that respect.

Leicester won’t be a problem for us next season if we sign Kane, he’s scored 16 times in 14 appearances against them haha.
Considering there are only a handful of so called big games per season, it really doesn’t matter. As you say, record against clubs like Leicester are what matters. His record stands out against most teams, spread out across the whole season. That’s what you want.

So unless a player plays well against us they aren’t very good then? I guess haaland is also not a big time player in your mind or mbappe, neymar etc. I’m also assuming all of our players aren’t big time players as not one of them turned up in the biggest game of the season?

You can’t judge Kane playing against city when spurs would only get about 30% possession and he would get next to no service. I would argue his performances in big games against a side of a similar level is a far better way to judge him
You know our games were an example, he just doesnt impress me when i see him play anything but cannon fodder , just not for me

So for sky to have that headline must mean spurs said we have bid!? Surely they don’t do a headline like that from a no nowt one a be from a paper or Twitter?!

Blackburn > Jack > Brennan > Sam Lee

Romano has never been reliable for us and will never will be. At most he is tap in merchant tier for us.

As for news Both sides came up with briefing that bid didn't go and then now it has leaked if it's true. If anything it's a bad timing.

Only thing worse here would be unsettling other England players under fire especially Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.