It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say with all due respect most of what you wrote here is just not entirely true..

1. "not mobile enough for our pressing" - we don't actually press that intensely! we press smartly and positionally, but our striker is actually far from constantly chasing the ball back. Even someone like jesus doesn't actually press that hard because it's not our game plan.. I don't know where the notion that we are a hard pressing team comes from, but it's strange.
2. 'not aggressive enough for our style of play" isn't the thing people always say about Kane is that he's *too* aggressive? I seem to remember a nasty tackle he left on KDB a few years back..
3. "Genuine injury concerns" - Across the last 7 season Kane has played an average of 32 out of 38 league matches a season, completing, on average, 87 minutes a match in those 32. I don't think any player in our first 11 except maybe rodri has played more than that since arriving.
4. "Cannot play across the front 3" - is that really a thing that we'd ideally ask our striker to do? When have we told sergio to play on the wing? I don't think that's a tactic that we'd wanna employ often so I don't think it's a very grave concern
5. "Haaland has all this and more" - does he? Does he get as many assists and goals as kane? With all due respect to haaland, kane is the 2nd best striker in the world - haaland has yet to consistently do it like him, and there are concerns about his link up play that are much more valid than kane's.
6. "Haaland is more physical" - I don't know about that.. Haaland is very physical, but kane is not lacking in that regard at all and if you actually look at haaland, he's pretty poor in the air, whilst kane is very good in that department.
7. "Question kane's motivation" - why? he's clearly motivated enough to win trophies that he's willing to piss off a lot of his boyhood club's fans giving that interview to neville, in order to potentially move. He's clearly VERY hungry for trophies - in fact, his hunger and motivation to play for us, to me, is clearly a plus over haaland, who himself doesn't seem to care where he'd play next season, CL, winning trophies, or doing anything, as long as he gets money.

All the rest I can't really argue because that's your personal opinion on Kane and it's very valid and I respect it, though I disagree. But on the facts I have to correct you on some of the misconceptions..
1. We do press...we always have under Pep...Many people pointed outt hat when Kun played we lacked it...we certainly will with Kane...he doesnt press or chase back...we may not press like Liverpool do and we choose our moments but its less likely with Kane

2. Not aggressive or strong enough....a nasty challenge doesnt mean aggressive -its just sly and dirty....nothing to do with being aggressive......Kane is easily knocked off the ball from what Ive seen...especially when runnng with the ball....unless he is just diving and that makes it worse.

3 I posted Kanes injury record the other day......ankle injuries have stemmed from over 9-10 seasons ago...Id say thats an issue if it keeps occuring.

4. PLaying across the front 3 is something that Pep requires.....again it was something that people sauid Kun wouldnt be able to do as he was a striaght no.9 playing on the shoulder...he proved them wrong as its what Pep required.....so unless we are going to move back to a much more straight way of attacking then ye its ncessary

5. Haaland got an assist against us for starters...he also leads the line and plays in a different Dortumnd team but he certainly drops deep to link up play (which is something people are putting out there as one of Kanes strong points - which it is)

6. Haaland is much more physical in every way...kane is nowhere near as strong physically. Much faster as well..Yes Kane is better in the air Id agree.

7. Ive never seen him putting himself about, running himself to death....Haaland does...Kun did as did others...if his motivation is trophies then he hasnt shown it too much with his boyhood club with his performances...especially in games where it really matters and against the better clubs which is where you need to do it if you are going to win said trophies..his record against the best teams is poor in comparrison.

Your opions are yours and i respect them but I can also say I believe they are wrong...Kane will coe to us and score goals...any decent striker would...but does he push us to a level beyond where we are at...I dont believe he does......Kun did and and 27 year old Kun playing for us now would do...this is what we have to replace and Kane in my opinon aint it.

heres a left field thought. You know who would leak that to him?

Mino.

Maybe, although I don't see why City would need a middle man in Mino to give Dortmund a scare.

I am told there is no official bid in and some chancers are now getting giddy trying to appear all informed on a transfer that was always going to be a saga and tick all the usual bingo card.

Poised.
Imminent.
Set to.
Believed to.
Understood.
Likely.
Complicated.
Adamant.
Refusing.
Increase.
Walk away.
Man United poised.
Chelsea poised.
Real Madrid poised.
Barcelona poised.
Juventus poised.
Levy poised.
Abu Dhabi poised.
Khaldoon ready to fly in.
Kane ready to fly in before going on holiday...

1. We do press...we always have under Pep...Many people pointed outt hat when Kun played we lacked it...we certainly will with Kane...he doesnt press or chase back...we may not press like Liverpool do and we choose our moments but its less likely with Kane

2. Not aggressive or strong enough....a nasty challenge doesnt mean aggressive -its just sly and dirty....nothing to do with being aggressive......Kane is easily knocked off the ball from what Ive seen...especially when runnng with the ball....unless he is just diving and that makes it worse.

3 I posted Kanes injury record the other day......ankle injuries have stemmed from over 9-10 seasons ago...Id say thats an issue if it keeps occuring.

4. PLaying across the front 3 is something that Pep requires.....again it was something that people sauid Kun wouldnt be able to do as he was a striaght no.9 playing on the shoulder...he proved them wrong as its what Pep required.....so unless we are going to move back to a much more straight way of attacking then ye its ncessary

5. Haaland got an assist against us for starters...he also leads the line and plays in a different Dortumnd team but he certainly drops deep to link up play (which is something people are putting out there as one of Kanes strong points - which it is)

6. Haaland is much more physical in every way...kane is nowhere near as strong physically. Much faster as well..Yes Kane is better in the air Id agree.

7. Ive never seen him putting himself about, running himself to death....Haaland does...Kun did as did others...if his motivation is trophies then he hasnt shown it too much with his boyhood club with his performances...especially in games where it really matters and against the better clubs which is where you need to do it if you are going to win said trophies..his record against the best teams is poor in comparrison.

Your opions are yours and i respect them but I can also say I believe they are wrong...Kane will coe to us and score goals...any decent striker would...but does he push us to a level beyond where we are at...I dont believe he does......Kun did and and 27 year old Kun playing for us now would do...this is what we have to replace and Kane in my opinon aint it.
Then if Pep agrees with you we won’t buy him, if we buy him it must be because he thinks he fits our team.

Maybe, although I don't see why City would need a middle man in Mino to give Dortmund a scare.

I am told there is no official bid in and some chancers are now getting giddy trying to appear all informed on a transfer that was always going to be a saga and tick all the usual bingo card.

Poised.
Imminent.
Set to.
Believed to.
Understood.
Likely.
Complicated.
Adamant.
Refusing.
Increase.
Walk away.
Man United poised.
Chelsea poised.
Real Madrid poised.
Barcelona poised.
Juventus poised.
Levy poised.
Abu Dhabi poised.
Should I start getting poised ?

On the other hand - you can always give the Jesus a chance to succeed.

Last edited:

Poised.
Imminent.
Set to.
Believed to.
Understood.
Likely.
Complicated.
Adamant.
Refusing.
Increase.
Walk away.
Man United poised.
Chelsea poised.
Real Madrid poised.
Barcelona poised.
Juventus poised.
Levy poised.
Abu Dhabi poised.

Do we still use the concept of official bids still?

I thought we more or less negotiate find a price and pay that price as opposed to playing a guessing game and throwing bids in?

Perhaps Levy is refusing to negotiate, and we are seeing if he really means what he is saying.

Poised.
Imminent.
Set to.
Believed to.
Understood.
Likely.
Complicated.
Adamant.
Refusing.
Increase.
Walk away.
Man United poised.
Chelsea poised.
Real Madrid poised.
Barcelona poised.
Juventus poised.
Levy poised.
Abu Dhabi poised.
Billyshears is saying that this is the second bid (not in this thread), last bid was last monday.

Do we still use the concept of official bids still?

I thought we more or less negotiate find a price and pay that price as opposed to playing a guessing game and throwing bids in?

Perhaps Levy is refusing to negotiate, and we are seeing if he really means what he is saying.

I've got to say, other than the Leeds documentary on Amazon and one BBC Panorama special, I've not seen much about the inner workings of these deals.

But what I've always struggled to understand is how club officials supposedly sit around in an office waiting for an email that says "100m 4 Kane?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.