It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he hates the culture, young people from Portugal are pretty much Anglophiles, certainly in terms of how they try to learn English from an early age, embrace the music?

They have young people who know they have to leave Portugal to get on in life, seem to not have the same ideas of station as maybe Spaniards?

For sure, the weather is crap and Manchester is certainly not Madrid or Barcelona, so can appreciate if he wants another change of scene at this stage in his life, maybe wanting to settle down and start a family, etc.
Pretty much every major hotel in London and quite a few now in Manchester have large Portuguese staff, some in fairly senior roles. Hotels and hospitality management is considered a significant and prestigious profession in Portugal and they export their skills globally

It’s by simple minds so could be about any of you ;-)

tenor.gif

I'm not sure he hates the culture, young people from Portugal are pretty much Anglophiles, certainly in terms of how they try to learn English from an early age, embrace the music?

They have young people who know they have to leave Portugal to get on in life, seem to not have the same ideas of station as maybe Spaniards?

For sure, the weather is crap and Manchester is certainly not Madrid or Barcelona, so can appreciate if he wants another change of scene at this stage in his life, maybe wanting to settle down and start a family, etc.
I suspect Covid plays a big part in it. Think everyone is fed up, even those close to home. Imagine being in a different country and suddenly told you can't nip back to see friends and family like you used to - bet Adie Mike's private airline has suffered the impact.

I'd imagine there's a lot of homesick players across Europe, but being in the UK means movement is even more restricted now, so you can see why a move to Spain for a Portuguese player would be attractive, even ignoring the weather.

Well, if it is, 'Him', that would allow us to push on even further with the false 9 formation that slayed pretty much everyone we met until we stopped using it seriously in the last month...except with Him in the role. Scary thought...for everyone else.

I think this was all done in the false 9 position.

Messi has played more matches - and unsurprisingly therefore scored more goals - under Guardiola than he has under any other coach in his career.

The attacker featured in 219 games for Barcelona while Guardiola was in charge, and incredibly scored 211 goals in that time, in addition to registering 97 assists.

I think this was all done in the false 9 position.

Messi has played more matches - and unsurprisingly therefore scored more goals - under Guardiola than he has under any other coach in his career.

The attacker featured in 219 games for Barcelona while Guardiola was in charge, and incredibly scored 211 goals in that time, in addition to registering 97 assists.
Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.