It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats you posted are a bunch of bullshit. who cares what he's won so far ?, man. Grealish is better than B Silva, look at how many chances he has created, he is more direct and creative which is key. Look at Berna's best season, he didn't create as many chances as Grealish. You shouldn't be talking such rubbish.
stats on how much he has won is fact

B. Silva has won lots, Grealish so far has won absolutely nothing.

You don't buy footballers at our level and worry about resale value. You buy them because they're good enough to play for us.

With the academy players we're selling/sell on clauses etc we can easily make £50m a season nearly every season now. So you can write off a loss if you need to. Kane might get injured and not deliver. Haaland might join and get a career ending injury. You don't know what will happen there. Kane does have a history of problems but has still come back and scored a lot of goals each time.
I'm sure the club think a lot about resale value - especially after the cost of replacing the ageing squad that Pep inherited.

We'd go bust very quickly if we paid the same as we do now for players who had no resale value 5 years down the line. I'd agree that any transfer is a risk, particularly a young, expensive player, but the chances of Kane keeping his value over five years are a LOT lower than Haaland keeping/increasing his.

If we get ten years from a player and they leave on a free then that's fantastic business, as you're not spending any transfer cash on that position for a decade. However, if we're buying lots of players that will be worth nothing after five years then we're having to buy a player for that position twice in that ten year period. Bear in mind that football inflation is crazy, so replacing someone after five years is going to be more expensive.

Buying the occasional older player is fine, but when the club are doing the maths, they'll mostly want players with resale value.

You win worst post of the day!
1 it’s Bernardo not David silva
2 combined age of 68 against combined age of 52
So 16 years of football less!
Pele won three world cups but I don’t want him to replace Sergio!
1. If oyu had bothered to look just alittle more you see i corrected the post and posted Bernardos stats.
2 . in all his years of football Grealish has won nothing -neither has kane.....
3. Sergio played at a higher level than Pele and won far more. - hence why i toll wuold want Sergio over Pele

the point was if you ahd loked at what i was replying to was that the OP was comapring Grealish and Kanes last season against Sergios and B. Silvas.....he at least acknowedged that Serio only played a handful of games but he still did it....
me posting what they had won was in response to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.