It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong questions, the question is what does Pep think his qualities are and does Pep think he can train him and mould him into a player that improves the team, instead of Bernardo. If we buy him it's because he thinks Grealish has the attributes to make the team better.
Exactly. People intent on using the argument of what has he done or achieved, not looking to what tune will Pep get from him.

I think you have been so intent on claiming Grealish isn't all that, you have now resorted to comparing him against the best we have in each position/category.

Using that basis, no one would be good enough.

Could I politely suggest, we have got your message, and you have created much humour with your posts, but now might be a time to quietly fade away from the debate because the more you post, the more you seem to be embarrassing yourself.
He`s already embarrassed himself and done a complete u-turn by now agreeing stats can be misleading, an argument that he started by showing the various trophies won by various players.
Comical Ali spring to mind.

What would you say make him a top class player then?

This is what I see of Grealish -

Ball retention - very good - however it usually ends up with him either being fouled or falling over trying to get a foul.....will he get those decisions when playing for us.....we have seen it with other players that we simply dont get those decisions. I also thinks he goes down very easy at times (unlike foden, bernardo)

Dribbling/beating a man... seems decent but not as good as Foden is already and no better than B. Silva

Crossing - seems decent but again nothing special - however probably bbetter than what we have in that sense so for me thats one big plus for him.

Creativity - not better than KDB despite any stats saying otherwise...David Silva didnt show up that well at times but most would agree he is the most creative player we have ever seen.

Goal scoring - Is he on par with Foden, KDB, or even Gundogan of last season (though I dont expect that to continue)...Play Bernardo more centrally and he will score you those goals as well.

Work rate - on par but again no better than certainly Sterling, Foden or Bernardo. ......better than Gundogan due to more athleticism.

Attitude/leadership - now leaving the off field stuff aside I know he is capt for Villa (however so was Ake for Bournmouth) so it doesnt naturally translate to coming into another team and we already have a set of leaders...Ferna, KDB, Sterling (who has hugely grown in the last 2 years in that sense)

Now where are we intending on playing him.....?

On the left....in place of Sterling or Foden - sterling had a bad season by his own admission last year BUT he has been outstanding previously

If not there or you move Sterling to the right then what about Mahrez (Im not a Mahrez fan by any means but he had a decent season last year)

No. 8 - is he going to replace Gundogan after he had the best season of his career?.

He isnt outsing KDB in the next two seasons.

Now is he going to be a number 6? - A bit centre of left field idea but could pep see him as the base of the midfield at some point (the quarterback or pivot role as some might say) - possibly but we have just renewed Ferna for a year and there is still Rodri.....I could see Pep however doing an amazing job of turning him into a number 6 but \i cannot see us spending all that money and then doing that to him (and we have Rodri, Ferna and the young lad Lavia who are natural in that position so its probably a complete no go).

I know its a squad game so Grealish (as others) could play multiple positions and be rotated so its simply not about one player replacing another. However the question for me is are his attributes better than the other players we have and Id say no overall (witht he exception of his crossing probably being better than anyone we have (besides KDB). If you say his goal scoring is better than Bernardos for instance you still have KDB, Gundogan, Foden Sterling who can all match his numbers.

For me he is a player we simply dont need and doesnt improve us.
He is currently playing in a bang average team with a bang average manager at the helm.
I will let Pep decide if he is more than good enough for our squad.

Agree, but I was suggesting the more he goes on, the deeper the hole being dug.
He'll be speaking with a New Zealand accent shortly.

Can't believe, given the number of posters who have tried to correct him, that he still doesn't get that we're talking about the present and not what school trophies Aguero & Bernardo won between them.

Can't believe, given the number of posters who have tried to correct him, that he still doesn't get that we're talking about the present and not what school trophies Aguero & Bernardo won between them.
And too only class him as a "good" player is ridiculous anyway.
The lad has his faults but we`ve seen how Pep can change many players into becoming even better players.

If he digs a hole in a straight line and ends up in New Zealand he would have started somewhere in northern Spain

Just saying….

There has to be a reason why we are targeting English players, Grealish, Kane and now there's talk of Ben White also we were linked with Rice a couple weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.