It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be TOO surprised if Pep wants to "trim" the squad a bit and we lose a few players and bring in less.

Bringing in the academy coach into the first team, and all the reports of various youth players around the squad, has me thinking the plan is to use academy players for "extra" players.

Aguero, Laporte, Jesus, Bernardo may ALL be sold, with only Grealish and/or a striker brought in, wouldn't be surprised by that.

I know many might not like it, but I've been a big fan of using the academy more, and if it means Delap, Palmer, McAtee, Mbete and so on get chances with the first team, then that's better for the club in the long run anyways.

How much of a long run do you want to wait to see if those are anywhere near good while rags and Chelsea win trophies because they actually signed players for this season?

Our squad is already too weak as the drop off in quality when the regulars were rested showed in games last season. We need to be strengthening not weakening.

The whole club should be hurting and angry about the CL Final shitshow and doing everything we can to make sure we win it next year as well as the title again.

I'd be more concerned about Kane.

Graelish, even if he doesn't hit the level expected, plays in a position we are stacked in, a few promising academy ones too.

Kane is coming in to be relied for that position, no room for getting that one wrong. Not at that price, not at his age.

He would be unsellable the minute he signs the contract, on Huge wages for a number of years. People kid themselves that haaland would be on big wages but kane would play for fuck all, they'd both be on big wages, probably over 300k. Even 15-20 league goals a season, imo, is not good enough for what he would be bought for. If he is not delivering season defining numbers and changing games out of nothing, bit of a misplaced investment. Particularly with the risk he won't do it over the length of his contract, he could decline in the last couple seasons.
I totally agree, watching Kane this last month has changed my mind on him completely.

He looks old, slow and not a city player.

Kane and Grealish as transfers both worry me, especially with the money involved, never doubted the club since the takeover , but if we sign these two for the first time since the summer of Sinclair & Rodwell, I would be a little concerned.

Haaland would be the one for me, but can understand the difficulties of the deal, Grealish I think is hugely overrated.

Literally impossible for him to flop mate? Obviously quite a few (including me) are building him up alot but with justification imo. Kane maybe more of a risk in fairness?
I understand your view, but any transfer can flop, whoever they are, if we sign Messi no guarantee it would work.

I just don't get Grealish, never have, but hopefully he proves me very wrong.

If we lose Bernardo, to me it's a serious downgrade.

What are you basing your fear on?
Completely overrated, he looks good in a very average team,

Have doubts about his character but to be fair with that, a lot of people who have worked with him, rave about his attitude.

Time will tell.

I totally agree, watching Kane this last month has changed my mind on him completely.

He looks old, slow and not a city player.

Kane and Grealish as transfers both worry me, especially with the money involved, never doubted the club since the takeover , but if we sign these two for the first time since the summer of Sinclair & Rodwell, I would be a little concerned.

Haaland would be the one for me, but can understand the difficulties of the deal, Grealish I think is hugely overrated.
Click.

The English media and general fan.

The stats even, the most fouled player, what the hell does it mean?

Great players don't spend half a game on their arses , the best players avoid challenges, through skill and agility.
Take it you’ve never played the game?

The English media and general fan.

The stats even, the most fouled player, what the hell does it mean?

Great players don't spend half a game on their arses , the best players avoid challenges, through skill and agility.

Great players win you games. If Grealish gets a free kick for Kev to smash in, or a penalty that (hopefully!) Kane puts away to win a game then that’s much better than someone dribbling past three men before losing it to the next or scuffing a weak shot straight to the keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.