It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree, watching Kane this last month has changed my mind on him completely.

He looks old, slow and not a city player.

Kane and Grealish as transfers both worry me, especially with the money involved, never doubted the club since the takeover , but if we sign these two for the first time since the summer of Sinclair & Rodwell, I would be a little concerned.

Haaland would be the one for me, but can understand the difficulties of the deal, Grealish I think is hugely overrated.

We play a positional play system whereby the aim is to disrupt our opposition and move their defenders around. Having Kane who possesses the ability to be both a world class #9 and #10 is a huge advantage.

On Grealish, he possesses an ability like Hazard whereby he can carry the ball and disrupt our opponents. I also think he has the ability to adapt into the pausa role that Gundo and Silva used to do.

For me it's about evolving this team. Bernardo had a good season but still hasn't been the same player since the 18/19 season. Grealish on current form is a huge upgrade. Kane is a massive upgrade on last year's Aguero and Jesus. And this is before you factor in that the rest of the team around them is at a much higher level than Villa and Spurs respectively.

I totally agree, watching Kane this last month has changed my mind on him completely.

He looks old, slow and not a city player.

Kane and Grealish as transfers both worry me, especially with the money involved, never doubted the club since the takeover , but if we sign these two for the first time since the summer of Sinclair & Rodwell, I would be a little concerned.

Haaland would be the one for me, but can understand the difficulties of the deal, Grealish I think is hugely overrated.

Yep. Graelish I wouldn't go as far as you maybe, but there is an element of that.

Neither of them particularly excite me, kane not at all, graelish admitedly I haven't seen as much of so am keeping an open mind. I do think he would be a good addition IF bernardo were to leave, and would still be a downgrade, but one that is fine in the midfield we have.

I don't fully buy that Bernardo wants to leave though, i think that has become a quick lazy acceptance through wanting to link Graelish coming, both here in the media.

I can't see City going for Graelish at the money talked about, I don't see him being really worth that. But I also think i twould happen for a lot less anyway, and if it didnt, the risk is less.

Kane I just can't get my head around. Nothing about it fits. The more I try (and I bloody do) the more I struggle.

What I find curious as well is how aggresively so many on here are willing to hound anyone that doesn't rate two players that don't play for City. You don't see that level of defensiveness and judgenent even when discussing our own players. The opinion on kane is pretty much split down the middle, yet one mildly negative comment, and you get loads of dismissive scorn.

I can accept opinions of others, but when you start to state the opinions of others in an attempt to back you up, it seems like your opinion is quite hollow.

I would suggest there are many more and better qualified people who have the opposite opinion of yours, but I have no need to use them to challenge you.
What?

I don't rate Grealish, I don't care if I am the only person on planet earth who does, I don't need anyone to back me up, it's my opinion.

We play a positional play system whereby the aim is to disrupt our opposition and move their defenders around. Having Kane who possesses the ability to be both a world class #9 and #10 is a huge advantage.

On Grealish, he possesses an ability like Hazard whereby he can carry the ball and disrupt our opponents. I also think he has the ability to adapt into the pausa role that Gundo and Silva used to do.

For me it's about evolving this team. Bernardo had a good season but still hasn't been the same player since the 18/19 season. Grealish on current form is a huge upgrade. Kane is a massive upgrade on last year's Aguero and Jesus. And this is before you factor in that the rest of the team around them is at a much higher level than Villa and Spurs respectively.
Kane a world class No 10?, you lost me at that point.

Kane is a great goal scorer 100% but the last month has shown he is an ordinary footballer , which has surprised me, and to me the most important factor is physically he looks a lot older than his actual age, that seriously worries me.

The transfer forum in the summer makes up for the match day forum having no threads.

It lets either the mard arses, E-gamer experts and football ingelitencia on BM have a place to talk bollocks either pro or anti a transfer target.

And they say the politics forum is full of cranks

Last edited:
Kane a world class No 10?, you lost me at that point.

Kane is a great goal scorer 100% but the last month has shown he is an ordinary footballer , which has surprised me, and to me the most important factor is physically he looks a lot older than his actual age, that seriously worries me.
Why judge a player based on 4 games? Look at the year he had before that. He ended May being the highest scorer and with the highest assists in the toughest league in the world. Imagine what he can do with the service of Kdb/Foden and others.

The transfer forum in the summer makes up for the match day forum having no threads.

Itets either the mard arses, E-gamer experts and football ingelitencia on BM a place to talk bollocks eitger pro or anti a transfer target.

And they say the politics forum is full of cranks
The expertise on this forum is outstanding yet none of them actually work in football and it is puzzling as to why

Alternatively,he spends 'half a game on his arse' and winning set pieces in dangerous areas,because of his skill and agility.
As said earlier if and when he joins us, his games will become under enormous scrutiny, he buys cheap free kicks, it will not be easy in our team, ref's will quickly latch on to him.

Look at the tactical foul campaign launched on Fern'.

I would also add that Mahrez was a similar player when he first joined us, looking for the foul, Pep changed him over time, last season he was outstanding because he used his ability far more directly and became a far better player.

Hopefully the same will happen with Grealish, he has great ability, and is too good to be constantly going to ground, he is far less effective when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.