It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but from what I understand from nothing more than rumour and speculation, was we offered him another year but also said we would try and bring in his replcement, not being confident of his fitmess. That meant he might not be first choice and he decided that he was better moving on. Could be completely wrong though.
I think we'll get Martinez. He's more in line with the way we've conducted our business so far regarding fee and wages.

I think we'll get Martinez. He's more in line with the way we've conducted our business so far regarding fee and wages.
Not a bad shout. I'm fairly relaxed think any decent striker should be able to ge a decent haul from our play, and take the pessure off relying on goals from midfield. Still hink we'd get plenty from midfield too .

I’m being realistic we got 86 points last season that total would not have been good enough to win any of the prior 5 league titles. I’m not saying they are better than us but I’m not totally dismissing them either as I’m not totally ignorant of their strengths. Chances are they will all get better whether you want to believe that or not I can guarantee you at least one of those three will put up a real challenge for the title.

Im not convinced aguero is finished and it was clear he was eased out of the club (wouldn’t go as far as pushed out) it Is is obvious Kane is the target we had in mind to replace aguero but I remain sceptical we will actually land him as I don’t believe we will pay the money they want nor do I believe Kane is the type of person to force through a sale.

We may have very intelligent people running the club (as do most premier league clubs) but that doesn’t mean we are perfect or that we will always land exactly who we want (see maguire, Sanchez, Fred, jorginho etc). My point remains if we have let aguero leave without having a replacement pretty much sewn up then imo the club have either been naive or arrogant (stupid in hindsight was a bit strong). You only have to see what happened when we didn’t replace Kompany if the club have fallen into exactly the same trap then how else could you describe them?
Winners?

I’m being realistic we got 86 points last season that total would not have been good enough to win any of the prior 5 league titles...
If we got 86 points in the five previous seasons we would have won two titles - 2015/16 and 2017/18.

If we got 86 points in the five previous seasons we would have won two titles - 2015/16 and 2017/18.
was wrong was last 4 not 5 correct on 15/16 but rest are:

16/17 - Chelsea won with 93
17/18— we won with 100
18/19 - we won with 98
19/20- Liverpool won with 99

It will be interesting to see if we can maintain the incredible levels of the last 4 season once pep leaves.

I would personally wager pep is the biggest reason we have been successful. Prior to pep we of course still won titles but under Pep we have dominated domestically and reached a champions league final.

Don’t envy whoever takes over from pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.