It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I pointed out that Kane has done it for years in the PL and is therefore a lesser risk, your reply was what? and you wonder why you garner so many people disagreeing with you?

I wonder if we went back to 2011 would you be arguing for van Persie over Aguero because "he's done it for years in the PL"?

Silva, Kompany, Yaya, KDB, Aguero...this club would be absolutely nowhere if the people who mattered employed this little Englander "Premier League is the only league in the world" thinking.

At the end of the day we could play Torres and Jesus and probably still put up a great challenge for the title, we are buying a top striker for the BIG matches, and let's be honest how many genuine difficult games do we have a season, when the opposition is a genuine threat to us? Not many.

We need a striker who puts fear into the defences in those big games.

I am not sure Chiellini or Bonucci were having sleepless nights facing Harry Kane.

"Much more respectable league"

Ha! Sky propaganda alive and kicking. Haaland has more CL goals at 20 than Kane at 28.
It's true, PL is unarguably the most competitive in Europe. His CL record means absolutely fuck all, respectfully.

when I pointed out that Kane has done it for years in the PL and is therefore a lesser risk, your reply was what? and you wonder why you garner so many people disagreeing with you?
Disagreeing about what?

I would prefer Haaland to Kane? I would prefer Haaland , so would many.

Again, opinions.

well I would say we would, we have won the title last season, then adding two top players at over 200m and big wages on top, I would think Khaldoon and HRH would expect to do the same this season, you would not?
I think rightly or wrongly that, that viewpoint is very naive and shows little knowledge of motivation.

In addition, you do know that there are some very good teams in the PL other than ourselves.

We are not entitled to win anything and we have to continually improve if we want to compete. Now, we all know your not enamoured by the likes of Kane and Grealish, and that is your opinion and that's fine, but many other opinions differ believing they will improve us.

Even if we brought in Haaland, there is still no guarantee we win trophies.

go look at the trash he scored against it’s a over rated stat.

same as Italy’s unbeaten run played the pits of Europe for 80% of the games , San Marino, Andora , Macedonia etc

The trash he's scored against? See the problem now is you're just making shit up.

Links to the opposition they scored against

Kane

Haaland

Haaland's also managed 6 in the KO stages against serious opposition compared to Kane's 2.

I wonder if we went back to 2011 would you be arguing for van Persie over Aguero because "he's done it for years in the PL"?

Silva, Kompany, Yaya, KDB, Aguero...this club would be absolutely nowhere if the people who mattered employed this little Englander "Premier League is the only league in the world" thinking.
Your missing my point dom. I was discussing risk and imo, Kane would be the less risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.