It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your missing my point dom. I was discussing risk and imo, Kane would be the less risk

I haven't missed it. You think playing in this country means your less of a risk, and I replied to that nonsense by pointing out almost every great signing this club has made since the takeover came with that risk.

The trash he's scored against? See the problem now is you're just making shit up.

Links to the opposition they scored against

Kane

Haaland

Haaland's also managed 6 in the KO stages against serious opposition compared to Kane's 2.
The trash he's scored against? See the problem now is you're just making shit up.

Links to the opposition they scored against

Kane

Haaland

Haaland's also managed 6 in the KO stages against serious opposition compared to Kane's 2.
4 against genk 4 vs Brugge , that’s nearly half his goals , few against lazio , hardly the top sides in Europe.

I haven't missed it. You think playing in this country means your less of a risk, and I replied to that nonsense by pointing out almost every great signing this club has made since the takeover came with that risk.
I think not only playing but being hugely successful in the position you play in this league is a less risk. If you disagree, no buggy.

I think rightly or wrongly that, that viewpoint is very naive and shows little knowledge of motivation.

In addition, you do know that there are some very good teams in the PL other than ourselves.

We are not entitled to win anything and we have to continually improve if we want to compete. Now, we all know your not enamoured by the likes of Kane and Grealish, and that is your opinion and that's fine, but many other opinions differ believing they will improve us.

Even if we brought in Haaland, there is still no guarantee we win trophies.
Motivation of what?

There are two teams that I would say pose a serious threat to us, Liverpool and Chelsea, if the rags got a top manager they could become a threat, but they have little Ole, so all is good.

We are entitled to win nothing, you earn that right, last season we basically had no strikers available (Jesus is not a natural striker for me), Kane would improve that, but long term Haaland to me is a far better option.

Mancini's last season with us, he wanted to sign vanPersie, the club refused, because of age/costs etc, the trafford red socks got him, guess what, for one season he was class, brilliant and they won the title, then what? RVP was ***ed and it cost them dear long term.

Kane is a couple of years younger than RVP but already is looking fatigued and what ever anyone says has a history of ankle issue that will only get worse. I fear Kane could be a short term signing.

I think not only playing but being hugely successful in the position you play in this league is a less risk. If you disagree, no buggy.

So you'd prefer we signed van Persie than Aguero in 2011.

1 was a from a foreign league, the other was successfully scoring in the PL.

I don't have a problem with people preferring Kane, there's definitely reasons to have that opinoin.

What I can't stand is how people just starting inventing bullshit they've never cared about before like signing players from abroad is just too risky, and act like every post takeover legend this club has wasn't bought from overseas.

Where were you in the Dias thread saying foreign players were too risky? Where were you in the KDB thread? Why has this become an issue only in 2021?

As opposed to the mighty Harry who scored 4 against Champions League giants APOEL fucking Nicosia .

he’s record is shit as well, Tottenham apart from getting to final are trash in CL, Dortmund will always get further then them .
My point is Haaland champions league record isn’t as great as every makes out.

personally don’t see the fuss , put Kane in that Dortmund team and Sterling instead of sancho . They would win the league.

So you'd prefer we signed van Persie than Aguero in 2011.

1 was a from a foreign league, the other was successfully scoring in the PL.
RVP cost the rags massively, it was a major error, it set them back years.

Fernado Torres another massive error.

Strikers have a limited life, we were so lucky that Kun played for the length of time he did.

As I said earlier there's been a history of negative reactions to signings from inside the PL. Sterling and Walker for example, also massively split opinion. I guess it's a normal part of the tribalism that exists in football. Every footballer has limitations as no one player is perfect. But it's important IMO to try and look at both sides of the coin. Not everyone, but a few on here are so entrenched in "I want Haaland" that they're actively talking absolute tripe about Kane.

How many years has this happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.