It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems to agree that at Spurs rush Kane back far too quickly and that wouldn't happen at City.

If we look at his goal scoring and injury records in the Premier League, there is only 3 seasons where he has missed a significant amount of league games.

14/15 34 games at 21 years old he finishes second on the goal scoring chart behind Aguero
15/16 38 games Top Goal scorer
16/17 30 games Injury impacted season - Top Goal scorer
17/18 37 games Second top scorer behind Salah
18/19 28 games Injury impacted season - he finished 5 goals shy of the top scorer.
19/20 29 games Injury impacted season - he finished 5 goals shy of the top scorer.
20/21 35 games Top Goal scorer

Pretty impressive for an constantly injured player and factor in he's playing for Spurs.

I can see mileage in what MartinB is saying.

Signing Kane and Grealish if Jesus leaves, squad spaces would work out. Persumably Torres could take Jesus' place as a second striker, and Grealish take Torres' place in attacking midfield, Kane replaces Aguero.

Hopefully we get decent money for Jesus, none of this loan pish. Decent timimg to sell him now too, only 2 years left if i'm not mistaken, still lots of value. I'd be gutted, but I can see logic in those three moves combined.

That's assuming Bernardo doesn't have to leave (for lack of suitable offer) for Grealish to come in. If he does end up moving later in the summer, frees up a squad space for either beefing up defensive midfield or a last minute surprise midfielder.

All based on the guesses and rumours having any truth to them.

Yeah all seemed to go quiet after that tour, maybe we just decided we didn’t want any part of that circus

That's my thinking as well. I could easily envision a situation where City feel trust has been broken.
I agree, wasnt it rumoured that he was wanting a huge weekly salary? Sure it was around £500k or something

Our Premier league squad was 21 players plus u21s last season so with Sergio gone we have 5 spare slots

The champions league squad was:
Goalkeepers: Ederson, Zack Steffen, Scott Carson. Defenders: Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, John Stones, Nathan Ake, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, Joao Cancelo. Midfielders: Ilkay Gundogan, Rodri, Kevin de Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Ferran Torres, Fernandinho. Forwards: Riyad Mahrez, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Sergio Aguero.

Foden will qualify in the B squad again next year

Take sergio out and we can accomodate Kane (or Haaland), it is not unreasonable to say we can drop a GK or a Mendy from it to accomodate Kane and Grealish if they came.

This we need to sell Jesus or Berny etc to accomodate the seemingly two targets we have is incorrect unless we are thinking of getting rid because a) they want to leave or b) it is financially necessary.

Hence I take any clickbaity bollocks from any sports journo over here as no more than hearsay and rumour.

Will wait until the club announce either purchases or sales, anything else is conjecture and gossip.

Take sergio out and we can accomodate Kane (or Haaland), it is not unreasonable to say we can drop a GK or a Mendy from it to accomodate Kane and Grealish if they came.

I think it IS unreasonable to say. Can't see it happening, particularly with Mendy. Carson more so possibly, but even then, an academy keeper that has been here 2 years would need to take his place.

It is not an incorrect assumption by any stretch, but it is just an assumption, and imo unreasonable. The fact is, if a replacement for Sergio comes, the squad is full. Who would get omitted, sold, loaned, excluded from which competition, that is the conjecture.

I agree btw, if any players are getting sold, it is most likely because they want to leave AND it makes financial sense. Not to accommodate new signings.

I really hope we do sign Grealish, he’s excellent and will improve the team.

But even if we do, we will still need to sign a world class goal scorer. If we just spent about £80m-£100m on Grealish how much is that going to leave us for a striker?

No point buying someone shit like Ings. Got to be Kane really out of anyone realistically available. Doesn’t look like Haaland will go anywhere this summer, and it’s all gone quiet regarding Lukaku. There isn’t really anyone else good enough is there, unless it’s Lewandowski on a short term deal until we try for Haaland next year.

Kane is similar to Sergio in the fact that it also takes him a while to comeback from an injury. Both players need a good few games before they start firing again. It was always good to see Sergio back in the team but then you would watch the first half and think he doesn't look right, you could easily see him struggle for 3-4 matches before the sharpness came back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.