It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the club post a £120 million loss for last year excluding the Sane money. So that's £60m that has to be clawed back somehow. Player sales as you say in your post. But then there is this year which will still have Covid impact on the bottom line.
I just don't think there is the money there or the appetite to spend big this year. With what Pep has been saying there may well be a hold your position this year and wait until next before spending big again.
Ok. But what about what Khaldoon said about us being financially sound post covid and 'disrupting the market' to replace Aguero?

He holds the wallet, not Pep. Pep is never in a million years going to come out and say "we need to replace Aguero".

Didn't the club post a £120 million loss for last year excluding the Sane money. So that's £60m that has to be clawed back somehow. Player sales as you say in your post. But then there is this year which will still have Covid impact on the bottom line.
I just don't think there is the money there or the appetite to spend big this year. With what Pep has been saying there may well be a hold your position this year and wait until next before spending big again.

every PL club will have lost as much but perhaps not showing in latest accounts yet. So how do rags & Chelsea manage to consider spendIng almost £200m - not to mention the spending by some of the so-called “broke” European clubs?

Why are we unable to do the same. I want us to be the club that makes the biggest & best signing for once

That Sane money going to cover a lot

We were over £120m down last year and it was mentioned as a cover for that.
I think we’ll spend about £200m which will be amortised over say 5 years, so a £40m cost per year. And we’ll recover around £100m in sales. So I’d say £60m profit on players this summer and that’s excluding the Sane money. Where the rest is found, well it’s not my job to know, but we’re not run by idiots. If we are targeting Kane and Grealish it’s safe to say we can afford it.

What?! Cheshire Cheese, white or blue, Cheshire Pork Pye, Chester Pudding, Cheshire Rabbit Brawn, Cheshire Soup. All very tempting foods from Cheshire.
Never heard or seen Cheshire Blue.We have Cheshire Coloured (Yellow) but all the rest are not what we would call "Cheshires Finest" as we`ve probably done a Rag and nicked a name. ;)

Ok. But what about what Khaldoon said about us being financially sound post covid and 'disrupting the market' to replace Aguero?

He holds the wallet, not Pep. Pep is never in a million years going to come out and say "we need to replace Aguero".
WHAT !!! ???
Put the fucking crack pipe down. Of course he is and why the fuck shouldn`t he ???
Seriously don`t know why you bothered with that.

That Sane money going to cover a lot

We were over £120m down last year and it was mentioned as a cover for that.
Does the expression of "use the Sane money" remind us of anyone? ;)

Seriously we lost a lot of cash last season and even accounting for covid and accountancy periods we will do well to make it up on the next accounts, I would think a small profit and nothing more.

If we get both Grealish and Kane I would think we would have to pay the best part of 200-220m, we will have to lose at least two senior players to get money back.

I would say Bernardo and Ake, possibly Jesus if he wanted to move on.

I would think the club won't have a net spend over 100m.

City are in a strong financial position and don't NEED to sell to buy. However they are also well run, and will have an idea of what sort if income they'll want to bring in to be able to spend circa 200 million. This is all very normal business practice.
What I don’t get is city’s confidence of getting two seemingly difficult transfers over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.