It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we do sign Grealish, he’s excellent and will improve the team.

But even if we do, we will still need to sign a world class goal scorer. If we just spent about £80m-£100m on Grealish how much is that going to leave us for a striker?

No point buying someone shit like Ings. Got to be Kane really out of anyone realistically available. Doesn’t look like Haaland will go anywhere this summer, and it’s all gone quiet regarding Lukaku. There isn’t really anyone else good enough is there, unless it’s Lewandowski on a short term deal until we try for Haaland next year.
Don’t forget, we have already raised around £30m this summer and Nmecha will soon make that £40m. Then Jesus and/or Bernardo will leave. Plus there’s the Sane money which didn’t go in the last set of accounts.

The way I see it, there can't be a scenario where City have weighed up the pros and cons and decided Kane would be the better option; I'm pretty sure most here would struggle to argue a 28 year old striker with a history of injury problems, who's cost will be inflated because he plays for a rival club with 3 years left would be a more sensible option than Haaland. There just isn't a world where that's possible. And if Haaland were to leave after 4 or 5 years, that's a 100m+ sale as opposed to a free transfer of Kane. It's really not comparable.

Something seems to have happened from the Raiola tour that has miffed City off to not pursuing Haaland imo. All logical rationale indicates Haaland would be the smarter purchase, I'd love for City's position after the fact to come out one day.
We'll Probably see it in a pissing documentary after watching our rival overtake us due to his 50+ goal seasons and numerous European trophy lifts.
It's hard to even stomach the thought of him playing for one of our rivals, Haaland is the player we need, we can't afford not to sign as the damage is twofold. We get this wrong and don't sign him we'll regret this for a very long time

We'll Probably see it in a pissing documentary after watching our rival overtake us due to his 50+ goal seasons and numerous European trophy lifts.
It's hard to even stomach the thought of him playing for one of our rivals, Haaland is the player we need, we can't afford not to sign as the damage is twofold. We get this wrong and don't sign him we'll regret this for a very long time
In the nicest possible way, you need to get a grip mate.

One swallow does not a summer make, and one player does not a trophy win.

Interesting Sam Lee threw in Darwin Nunez name again. On the list of alternatives

Don’t forget, we have already raised around £30m this summer and Nmecha will soon make that £40m. Then Jesus and/or Bernardo will leave. Plus there’s the Sane money which didn’t go in the last set of accounts.
Didn't the club post a £120 million loss for last year excluding the Sane money. So that's £60m that has to be clawed back somehow. Player sales as you say in your post. But then there is this year which will still have Covid impact on the bottom line.
I just don't think there is the money there or the appetite to spend big this year. With what Pep has been saying there may well be a hold your position this year and wait until next before spending big again.

That Sane money going to cover a lot

We were over £120m down last year and it was mentioned as a cover for that.

I can`t think of a single delicacy here in Mid Cheshire that could either tempt or sway anyone.Well apart from the Guinness in my local HIC.
What?! Cheshire Cheese, white or blue, Cheshire Pork Pye, Chester Pudding, Cheshire Rabbit Brawn, Cheshire Soup. All very tempting foods from Cheshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.