It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Persie 2012/13 says hi.

iirc the rags had 10 other players helping out on the pitch whenever Persia was doing his thing (he made a difference but in a scenario where there wasn’t need for much difference to tip the balance.
And the facts remain that Haaland and his circus are unproven in the PL, many super-duper prodigies ultimately settle to a level below widespread expectation, sink without trace or sustain injuries that cut short or niggle throughout their careers, and there’s a new up and coming ‘must sign’ football messiah appearing every year to over-excite those who haven’t learned from long experience.

All this certainty that ‘whoever gets Haaland will win everything forever’ is exaggeration on a pantomime dame level.
If those really in the know, the true experts employed by the big clubs, thought that the Haaland circus would reliably bring glory then they’d have already torn up their wage structure and happily stumped up the ridiculous purchase fee, whacky wages, agents pound of flesh & Dad’s £multi-million bung.

The fact that he’s not been snapped up is absolute proof that his asking price and add-ons exceed his market value.

What I don’t get is city’s confidence of getting two seemingly difficult transfers over the line.

I think the British media have conditioned us to think that these are mission impossible deals. They're not. They're commercial transactions, and regardless of the Levy LoveFest at the Athletic and down in London, there will be a commercial tipping point for him where he'll simply have to sell. In my opinion of course. I also think that were this deal dead, were it simply a case of him not being for sale, we would know that and City would've moved on.

On Grealish, contrary to what Sam has written, I was told a couple of days ago City have got cold feet. Lets see what transpires as it could all be about money, and people positioning themselves. Maybe Grealish is asking for KDB money and City have decided to pull back a little, and maybe his camp's reaction to that is to begin to leak that he'll sign a new deal at Villa.

I think the British media have conditioned us to think that these are mission impossible deals. They're not. They're commercial transactions, and regardless of the Levy LoveFest at the Athletic and down in London, there will be a commercial tipping point for him where he'll simply have to sell. In my opinion of course. I also think that were this deal dead, were it simply a case of him not being for sale, we would know that and City would've moved on.

On Grealish, contrary to what Sam has written, I was told a couple of days ago City have got cold feet. Lets see what transpires as it could all be about money, and people positioning themselves. Maybe Grealish is asking for KDB money and City have decided to pull back a little, and maybe his camp's reaction to that is to begin to leak that he'll sign a new deal at Villa.
On no basis should we give him parity with KDB.

Love your bullishness.

Don’t forget, we have already raised around £30m this summer and Nmecha will soon make that £40m. Then Jesus and/or Bernardo will leave. Plus there’s the Sane money which didn’t go in the last set of accounts.
£10m for Nmecha seems like peanuts given how well he did for Germany at the under-21 Euros.
I think it would be worth keeping him until we are certain of securing our striker target.
I would hate to see us not being able to secure Kane or Haaland and paying over the odds for an average striker just to pad out the squad numbers and then watch Nmecha score a hatful for his new team.

I do not think he will ever reach the elite level needed to replace Kun but he might be able to do a similar job to what Tammy Abraham did for Chelsea in the 19/20 season (15 goals and 4 assists in 34 games).

If the club felt it was worth keeping Garcia around last season rather than accepting a fee from Barcelona for him then a similar case could be made for keeping Nmecha.

Sounds a bit odd that Grealish would ask for KDB wages. Unless he's decided to take the move and negotiate a final hurdle making it as sweet as possible. Only say that because, well, the alternative is he takes up the newly suggested Villa offer of 150K per week. Maybe City want him to make a final decision and commit fully despite these new contract rumours, else he can stay and we will walk. Our policy after all has always been to make sure players we are interested in are equally as interested in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.