It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we need to remember the accounting year-end is 30 June so any signings/sales now are in the 30 June 2022 (next season's) accounts, which will have fans back etc. so we're not having to worry about offsetting the 30 June 2020 loss anymore, that will have been accounted for in the accounting year just gone with a CL final run, league title win etc.
The point is we lost 120m, we need to turn that around to avoid issues after covid with FFP.

The loss was due to the accounting period change/tv deal and champions league pay out delay, but even with those we would not have made a big profit.

We still have to be careful , no guarantee stadiums will be full or the pandemic is over.

Loan fees for Roberts?, Tikix is a genius.

Not doubting your figures, but we took a 120m hit last season, won't the Sane money be used to show profit this last season?

We deliberately loaded some costs into last year, knowing this would be the summer to replace Sergio, which is why they held over the Sane money and we submitted accounts over 13 months - an additional £25m in salaries also.

There was also a loss due to the agreed TV money being reduced, but that will also add back extra millions during this next accounting year - as will hopefully crowds returning and the booking of season ticket monies.

Coupled this year with £72.5m in Champions League TV/prize money and £150m for winning the Premier League again - the club know we will make a profit even with a hefty transfer spend.

There is an additional £3m bonus to come for Sane winning the Bundesliga (up to a total fee of £52m in the years to come)

Leeds staying up this season also triggered a bonus to City re Harrison.

Loan fees for Roberts?, Tikix is a genius.

Not doubting your figures, but we took a 120m hit last season, won't the Sane money be used to show profit this last season?

We have also spent money on the South American kids, not massive amounts but not insignificant either.

Any transfer is amortised over the period of the contract and so say we spend £200m on players giving them 5 year contracts that's £40m per year. Transfer fees in are accounted for in full in the current year and so rough calculation £150m in, £40m in amortised fees out gives us a £110m book profit.

Loan + obligation doesn't sound too bad yeah, considering we're probably not that desperate for cash.

I have no doubts Jesus will thrive in Serie A

No you've missed my point.

An obligation to buy would be based on Jesus' current value, which is low.

After a year at Juventus IMO he'd be worth much more, so if you give them an obligation based on his current value, they'd be getting him on a massive discount in 2022. We shouldn't want an obligation.

I think the British media have conditioned us to think that these are mission impossible deals. They're not. They're commercial transactions, and regardless of the Levy LoveFest at the Athletic and down in London, there will be a commercial tipping point for him where he'll simply have to sell. In my opinion of course. I also think that were this deal dead, were it simply a case of him not being for sale, we would know that and City would've moved on.

On Grealish, contrary to what Sam has written, I was told a couple of days ago City have got cold feet. Lets see what transpires as it could all be about money, and people positioning themselves. Maybe Grealish is asking for KDB money and City have decided to pull back a little, and maybe his camp's reaction to that is to begin to leak that he'll sign a new deal at Villa.
Maybe Bernardo can't find a move. Especially after Atletico moved for Griezmann

Any transfer is amortised over the period of the contract and so say we spend £200m on players giving them 5 year contracts that's £40m per year. Transfer fees in are accounted for in full in the current year and so rough calculation £150m in, £40m in amortised fees out gives us a £110m book profit.
wow thanks for that

The point is we lost 120m, we need to turn that around to avoid issues after covid with FFP.

The loss was due to the accounting period change/tv deal and champions league pay out delay, but even with those we would not have made a big profit.

We still have to be careful , no guarantee stadiums will be full or the pandemic is over.

Some of the Silver Lake money is already being used towards offsetting costs.

I did say a while back that CFG would have a big financial stake in the new concert arena, which they have now recently bought a decent piece of.

With it being directly located on the stadium footprint, we can use those revenues and they also be counted towards FFP?

I think that's why City are very comfortable with the financial years to come - having built a money printing press right next to the Etihad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.