It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know for all we know levy has excepted a deal he is letting his mates in the media know that he is going nowhere he ain’t for sale so they can go about buying a few players..
Something similar happened with Bale iirc.

Not for sale was the cry the whole time but as soon as they got their signings in he was gone.

If we put in an offer last year and we've been talking to Levy for months all this press chat looks like click bait and smokey smoke. I expect we are happy to let this alternative narrative play out because we know the deal is done.

If we put in an offer last year and we've been talking to Levy for months all this press chat looks like click bait and smokey smoke. I expect we are happy to let this alternative narrative play out because we know the deal is done.

Yep media are like goldfish

My knowledge of football tactics is close to none existent.

However my opinion that we need someone to convert the many scoring chances our style of play generates is simply obvious.

Pep has been forced to use a false no 9 to compensate for strikers who don't strike so get someone who's sole job will be to pass the ball into the net.

He will be spoon fed these chances by his team mates and be left to ply his trade without worrying about being used as a winger or fullback or even false number 9.

Is it really that simple?

I don't think it is quite that simple. For a start off, I think City are struggling to create as many of those tap-in opportunities as they did in the Centurions season because teams have adapted how they play against us. That doesn't mean a more reliable finisher isn't going to help us.

Kane though is far more than a tap in merchant and City will get him the ball in lots of positions that he can score from. He will also bring much more of an aerial threat from open play crosses.

The fact that he can drop deeper and create chances for others would be an additional bonus: we have plenty of players who can also put the ball in the net that Kane can help create a bit more space for and actually either play them in or play the ball off to someone who can, having drawn the attention of one or both centre backs.

I am in the would prefer Haaland camp and even more in the don't want another English side getting Haaland camp but Kane appears to be extremely well suited to City and no one can be certain which one of them would make a greater goal contribution to the team.

City just need to get a truly world class number 9 signed before the transfer window closes; preferably before the season starts. I assume Kane and Grealish are both on holiday for another week so supporters will need to be patient.

Respect your opinion, but cannot agree with that.
I nearly spat my coffee out. Well done sir. Your average response on here, even from so called respected posters like domalino is something along the lines of;

What an absolute pile of shit!

I wasn’t sure whether to congratulate you or tell you to sort yourself out.

About the £225m figure? Fair enough if that’s what you’ve heard.
So…

~£90m for Grealish (Anton Villa has hinted that they want pogba-money)
~£135m for Kane (some kind of middle-ground)

Reading between the lines on both sagas, both fees seems to be agreed, just medicals after holidays left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.