It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is quite that simple. For a start off, I think City are struggling to create as many of those tap-in opportunities as they did in the Centurions season because teams have adapted how they play against us. That doesn't mean a more reliable finisher isn't going to help us.

Kane though is far more than a tap in merchant and City will get him the ball in lots of positions that he can score from. He will also bring much more of an aerial threat from open play crosses.

The fact that he can drop deeper and create chances for others would be an additional bonus: we have plenty of players who can also put the ball in the net that Kane can help create a bit more space for and actually either play them in or play the ball off to someone who can, having drawn the attention of one or both centre backs.

I am in the would prefer Haaland camp and even more in the don't want another English side getting Haaland camp but Kane appears to be extremely well suited to City and no one can be certain which one of them would make a greater goal contribution to the team.

City just need to get a truly world class number 9 signed before the transfer window closes; preferably before the season starts. I assume Kane and Grealish are both on holiday for another week so supporters will need to be patient.
Perhaps I oversimply but just from statistics we still manage to create chances and still often do not even hit the target with that chance ie it does not require a save.
Our opponents however seem to score from their very limited chances.
Pep in my opinion is fed up and wants to pay for someone who at least can hit the target so maybe score.

Sorry if I am not so tactically aware but if we have less chances surely more reason to get someone who actually hits the target with those chances that are provided otherwise why shoot in the first place if accuracy is not expected?

Reactions: OB1
my feeling the media did it's job yesterday outrage at 160 million for 1 player while the rags part with just the 73 million for england international sounds cheap now
well players jollies nearly over time for next excuse the olympics havent finished yet ;)

its a trick one because if the player want to leave you would be daft to try and keep him
you would lose something on the pitch from a unhappy player and still paying his wage

so yes if Bernardo want to leave and both club can not agree a price maybe its the way forward
the transfer market needs controlling because of the covid-19 outbreak so a independent adjudicator or a board can control the market
Does it? Why?
If the clubs cannot agree a fee then the deal won't happen in a Covid market just the same as it wouldn't in a pre/post Covid market

So…

~£90m for Grealish (Anton Villa has hinted that they want pogba-money)
~£135m for Kane (some kind of middle-ground)

Reading between the lines on both sagas, both fees seems to be agreed, just medicals after holidays left.

Probably won’t be a million miles away that to be honest.

my feeling the media did it's job yesterday outrage at 160 million for 1 player while the rags part with just the 73 million for england international sounds cheap now
well players jollies nearly over time for next excuse the olympics havent finished yet ;)

We recieved 12M from dortmund, our 10%

No one should let the 73M lie fool them, they paid a lot more

The way I see our striker pursuit going….

Kane this summer is obviously the target but if it’s approaching the end of the window and it’s not done then I think it’s Ings who will come in.

If Ings does come in i then think we’ll go for Haaland next summer.

I think Kane’s window to join us is this summer only. If he doesn’t I think the rags will get him next Summer instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.