It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d have 1 too many players in our PL & CL squads, so yeah, one would have to go.

How so? We have 21 players in the prem squad out of 25

Champions league we need to drop 1 to comply, would expect that to be carson, if we sign Kane someone else would also need to drop out, berny/laporte if gone?

How so? We have 21 players in the prem squad out of 25

Champions league we need to drop 1 to comply, would expect that to be carson, if we sign Kane someone else would also need to drop out, berny/laporte if gone?

If Carson was omitted from the CL squad, Kane (or anyone else) could join. Nobody needs left out of PL.

Can't see Carson being left out, given our academy keepers are out on loan, and we need 3 in the CL team.

If Carson was omitted from the CL squad, Kane (or anyone else) could join. Nobody needs left out of PL.

Can't see Carson being left out, given our academy keepers are out on loan, and we need 3 in the CL team.
We only need 2 on the 'A' list and 1 on the 'B' list for a minimum total of 3 goalies. Cieran Slicker presumably.

I would like to think Bernardo,Laporte & Gabby will remain professional until a move is sorted out. Ideally we want rid of them quickly. If a club wants a player they will find the funds.

Imo City will dig in here and try to set a new selling precedent. We continue to get fleeced on sales for big name players. Eventually the players will get their move. Apart from Laporte the other 2 have been underwhelming for some time. Jack and Harry coming in tells you the club think so aswell.

I would like to think Bernardo,Laporte & Gabby will remain professional until a move is sorted out. Ideally we want rid of them quickly. If a club wants a player they will find the funds.

Imo City will dig in here and try to set a new selling precedent. We continue to get fleeced on sales for big name players. Eventually the players will get their move. Apart from Laporte the other 2 have been underwhelming for some time. Jack and Harry coming in tells you the club think so aswell.

I think this part of how city deal is vastly misunderstood, we don’t get fleeced on deals we help players leaving Man City find the right club for them, and make an exit agreeable for us and the player - which a lot of the time means selling not at top dollar - think it’s all part of a strategy to make city a trusted place for player to come to - if it doesn’t work out we will be more than fair with them to get what they need.

Last edited:
I think this part of how city deal is vastly misunderstood, we don’t get fleeced on deals we help players leaving Man City find the right club for them, and make an exit agreeable for us and the player - which a lot of the time means selling not at too dollar - think it’s all part of a strategy to make city a trusted place for player to come to - if it doesn’t work out we will be more than fair with them to get what they need.
I respect how we treat outgoing players. As long as the book cost is covered city are obviously happy. We do not receive fair market value.

Bookwise, £40m for Jesus would show as a profit, basically even on Bernardo and a loss on Laporte.

It’s an interesting dilemma for the club to decipher.

Couple that with the news regarding KDB and Foden and it makes their decision even harder.

Jesus and Bernardo swapped for Felix is the best I can come up with to square the circles.
Laporte not a loss on books at 40m
We paid roughly 60m for him at 12m a year. He has been with us for 3.5 years = 42m = 18m left on books.

If we sell him for 40 million we free up his original annual amortisation fee plus 22m.
Therefore a 6 year contract at 12 m a year gives us a possible 72m transfer with the extra 22m = 84m pot And all without adding a penny to our annual accounts...

Laporte not a loss on books at 40m
We paid roughly 60m for him at 12m a year. He has been with us for 3.5 years = 42m = 18m left on books.

If we sell him for 40 million we free up his original annual amortisation fee plus 22m.
Therefore a 6 year contract at 12 m a year gives us a possible 72m transfer with the extra 22m = 84m pot And all without adding a penny to our annual accounts...

laporte value should be well over £40million if brighton are getting £50million for ben white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.