It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think being twice the player would count for something wouldnt you but it seems trying to figure out transfer fees is akin to a 6 year old figuring out quantum physics...

i can say open heartily if laporte was a united or liverpool player they would be looking for £70million plus
city have this soft touch when selling players

You'd think being twice the player would count for something wouldnt you but it seems trying to figure out transfer fees is akin to a 6 year old figuring out quantum physics...
Transfer fees are only partly about ability, there are lots of parts to a fee being agreed. Contract length, wages the player is on or wants,age of the player, who wants the move the club or the player, who needs it most the seller or buyer, what the hangers on want from it. Probably more they are just off the top of my head. Ability is just a fraction of it unfortunately.

Transfer fees are only partly about ability, there are lots of parts to a fee being agreed. Contract length, wages the player is on or wants,age of the player, who wants the move the club or the player, who needs it most the seller or buyer, what the hangers on want from it. Probably more they are just off the top of my head. Ability is just a fraction of it unfortunately.
That's why I said it should count for something and not all of it. As far as I'm aware Laporte still has a decent chunk left on his contract, is young and a full Spanish international who has proved to be one of the best in Europe in his position. Whilst everything you say is true it still doesn't add up that we'd ask a fee lower than arsenal have paid for Ben White.

Factors init.

Buying club does not want to pay the proper value of players to us, La Liga clubs or Serie A, wherever he goes don't really have money either. Reputation doesn't matter, Sané carried a massive one, but sold for a mere 50m, arguably loads more potential, attacking player. I wish we could easily get £70-80m for Laporte but it looks very unlikely this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.