It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane or no Kane is fine by me really. As long as we aren't doing deals out of desperation in CR7 or Messi. Getting in numbers isn't important as getting in the right man, if the right man ain't available there's no need to tamper with the squad that got to a CL final and won the league. Much as Kane is suited to us, paying over a certain value is also insane. So I'm fine with that. Not buying the 'it's a complete failure bit,' if our star studded squad can't be managed by Pep to work out a solution then we've not just messed up this window, you'd need to start questioning a lot more decisions prior to this window.

Last edited:
Could you show us the list ? I for one haven’t seen it.
I’m assuming you’re not that stupid. Of course the list hasn’t leaked lol. What has leaked is that he had a list. I’m not disputing Kane was the priority. Just saying it goes against other reports that Pep only came up with his name

Kane or no Kane is fine by me really. As long as we aren't doing deals out of desperation in CR7 or Messi. Getting in numbers isn't important as getting in the right man, if the right man ain't available there's no need to tamper with the squad that got to a CL final and won the league. Much as Kane is suited to us, paying over a certain value is also insane. So I'm fine with that. Not buying the it's a complete failure bit, if our star studded squad can't be managed by Pep to work out a solution then we've not just messed up this window, you'd need to start questioning a lot more decisions prior to this window.
I’m less “fine” with complacency than you

I’m assuming you’re not that stupid. Of course the list hasn’t leaked lol. What has leaked is that he had a list. I’m not disputing Kane was the priority. Just saying it goes against other reports that Pep only came up with his name
I was assuming you weren’t stupid enough you believed everything you heard, carry on.

Only person handicapping Pep is Pep himself. By all accounts he has told City I want Kane and no one else, no one else is good enough.

Txiki could pick up the phone and sign any other striker in the world (except Haaland or Lewandowski) today if we wanted to, Pep doesn't want them.
With Pep it has always been getting the right profile in, not big names. If we get Kane it's for a specific reason, what's the point in forcing another move for a different player if that purpose isn't fulfilled? This is how big clubs operate, we have no shortage of money, and we also never panic in the transfer market. The lack of faith shown by people because no Messi or Ronaldo is borderline childish. It's Kane or no Kane because there's obviously something Pep sees in him and wants him specifically, that no other profile has matched. I wouldn't throw out a list and ask the club to pick from it, because honestly there's no point.

With Pep it has always been getting the right profile in, not big names. If we get Kane it's for a specific reason, what's the point in forcing another move for a different player if that purpose isn't fulfilled? This is how big clubs operate, we have no shortage of money, and we also never panic in the transfer market. The lack of faith shown by people because no Messi or Ronaldo is borderline childish. It's Kane or no Kane because there's obviously something Pep sees in him and wants him specifically, that no other profile has matched. I wouldn't throw out a list and ask the club to pick from it, because honestly there's no point.
Or it could just that pep is stubborn. Kane or nothing.
Anyway I would reserve my judgement till the end of window. I refuse to believe we don't have a plan B of A fails

If we do not get a striker we will struggle. It's completely stupid of the club not to sign one. It's another kompany situation going into the season without a replacement. We have no one in our team who is a finisher/goal scorer.

False 9 worked last season as the other top 4 teams were weak. Chelsea now have a striker that scores 20 plus a season, Liverpool have Van Dijk back they are stronger.

Its ridiculous that we would go into a season handicaping Pep.

That end of season interview seems like bullshit right now with Khaldoon saying aguero would be replaced.

If we don't get a striker we will compete for top 4 not the title.
I think this post is somewhat unfair.

We've signed an unbelievable player in Jack Grealish. He will add 20 goals (across all competitions) this season. We have only lost Aguero (who was far from his best last year) and Garcia (who simply isn't good enough to play in the Premier League).

That's not a bad transfer window IMO - but lets see what else happens first.

Chelsea, Liverpool and United all finished quite far behind us last year. Their investments (or players returning in Liverpool's case) will definitely bridge that gap, but that's if we don't improve, which with Jack in our squad, and Foden ever improving, I'm sure we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.