It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Grealish very highly and I think it's a good signing, but I don't think it's enough. We need to close at least one of the three holes in our squad given the quality of the competition this season. A striker is the obvious choice since we may be able to just about make do at LB and CDM for one more season. I think Ronaldo would be perfect, but if we can't do it for any reason then we need to quickly explore other options (including one-year deals and loans).

I really just hope that we haven't given up on bringing a striker because we assumed (wrongly) that we could come to an agreement with someone so stubborn as Levy. We went through exactly the same process only a few years ago. You'd expect that we'd have learned something from that.

"I heard someone close in the game who told me about Grealish and Bernardo

Manchester City are considering Ronaldo. Mendes pushing it."

I want it and I’ll keep my hopes up.

But hard not to think of the last LB/Tagliafico debacle, which some kept hoping until the final day

Pep said himself they may go into the season without buying a striker so there is no need to overreact. I think we will be fine for the league, but the ucl we may regret it. So we didn't spend 150 million on a 28 year old striker, its ok, we will survive as a club and move forward. No need to overreact.

He spoke in very specific terms: I need to take a break, talk to other coaches, then manage in a Copa America or an Euro and a World Cup. Seven years is a lot. Etc

It caught my eye after the UCL final when he said the club would win it eventually but maybe it won’t be with him. Sounded like someone thinking about the end already
Enjoying yourself aren't you with all this nonsense.
You bring nothing to the table but you spout things like you've been personally told things one to one.
Why are you on our forum?
Go on, one good reason apart from being the shittest wum we've had on and we've had a shitload believe me.

I'll be very surprised if we do anymore business now. I don't think anyone will leave and we'll go with what we have and look again next season.

It may prove to be a mistake not signing a striker and may well cost us the title this season, but City are not panic buyers. The board will do what they feel is right for the club. It may take 12 months but we will find the Aguero replacement eventually and no doubt whoever it is will be fantastic for us.

As for this year, Grealish is quality and adds to our options in midfield / out wide. That could leave us to play a number of people as the false 9 or we could take a risk and put Torres / Delap up front more often, but we still have plenty of options. Either way we have a great squad still and plenty of players who can score 10-15 goals so we will be fine.

I'm disappointed we've not got Kane, a top striker would've been the icing on the cake, but £150m + for a 28 year old are mad numbers, so I'm not surprised we've walked. I think the mooted £125m was a fair offer so more fool Daniel Levy if he has turned that down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.