It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane is such a bland , bottling , desperate to be a goody two shoes , wants to be loved by the media nice guy , what an opportunity he has spurned by not pushing his way out
He must have got the strong impression that City's interest was not real or that a transfer was not likely. I seriously doubt that Kane and his advisor are as inept as you think. People are usually pretty good readers of their own circumstances.

I was told by a very good source that Pep was not bothered about buying a CF, he likes false 9 and sees Foden as perfect for the role, with back up from Raheem, Jesus and Kev. I got rounded on in typical BM style as being a bullshitter. Pep told my source and I quote " we have seen nothing yet" as he is perfecting the plan and Foden is central to it. Buying a CF like all the media suggested we needed would only have been done and again i quote "if it was an exceptional opportunity". The signing of Grealish adds another false 9 possibility and he was always the main target. Pep rates him very highly and will make him a better player. In 12 months Grealish could possibly be one of the best payers on the planet.

I agree with you, the negativity has been disappointing, some of our fans sound spoiled brats, In my opinion we now have the best squad in our history, we have some really promising kids as you have suggested and Torres could well be one of our best ever buys.
That's a good point about Foden. I have thought that too. He's the one player in our squad who could be a Lampard and get a serious amount of goals in our squad. If we have earmarked Foden for that role then fair enough but then the ITKs and reporters are a million miles off the mark, and it does seem that city made a bid of £75m plus a player to Spurs for kane.

He must have got the strong impression that City's interest was not real or that a transfer was not likely. I seriously doubt that Kane and his advisor are as inept as you think. People are usually pretty good readers of their own circumstances.
His brother is the definition of inept ,he has him trapped and he is not strong enough to get out , he cares too much about being the media darling , his loss

Have to disagree Marvin. Harold and Charlie both come over as absolute tools.

Harold is the captain of England, yet I can't imagine the corporate world clamoring to have him as their face of their products.

He and his advisers thought they had the "gentleman's agreement", naivety at its finest.

It would have been nice to reserve the #10 for standout academy graduates only like barca did with fati, it gives the academy additional motivation. Would have liked foden to take it.

Again maybe it's my American ignorance but it will always baffle me that clubs need to pay out to agents and parents (in some cases) for transfers to happen. In America you want an agent handling your contracts? The player not the club pays a commision usually around 5%-10% of their contract they sign to the agent. And the idea of paying millions to the parent? Why are they getting a kickback from the club? They aren't the ones on the field scoring goals. Sure if a player wants to give family money by all means go ahead but take it out of your own pocket.
Agents being paid by anybody involved in a transfer other than their client players should be outlawed by FIFA. Nonsensical and scandalous that these venal, ammoral parasites can end up being paid by three different parties on a single transaction

It would have been nice to reserve the #10 for standout academy graduates only like barca did with fati, it gives the academy additional motivation. Would have liked foden to take it.
I have always been under the impression that Foden wants to stay with #47 in tribute to his grandfather. One would think he could choose pretty much any number he wanted.

You could probably say the same about KDB. I think he prefers keeping #17 his whole career. Granted Sterling has always had the #7 locked down while Kev has been at the club so maybe if the number became available at some point in the future maybe Kev would opt for changing to #7. I think it's unlikely though.

As for Jesus when he changed from #33 to #9 I seem to remember the club almost pushing him to make the change. But in Gabby's case I am far less certain that was how it went down.

That's a good point about Foden. I have thought that too. He's the one player in our squad who could be a Lampard and get a serious amount of goals in our squad. If we have earmarked Foden for that role then fair enough but then the ITKs and reporters are a million miles off the mark, and it does seem that city made a bid of £75m plus a player to Spurs for kane.

Foden prob can be a decent 9, but we then lose his quality on the left wing which was pretty dazzling in the second half of last season. Was the first time we had held a real wide and pacey threat like that since Sane's heyday in 2017/18.

His brother is the definition of inept ,he has him trapped and he is not strong enough to get out , he cares too much about being the media darling , his loss

Wouldn't put the sole blame on him Kaz. Believe it was his previous agent (which had suspicious connections to the Levy mafia enterprise) who locked him into this unbelievable 6 year contract.

However, I agree Charlie Kane's inept or perhaps naive maneuver to rely on this so called 'gentleman's agreement' coupled with an orchestrated golf interview suggesting £100m would do it was foolish to say the least.

We could point fingers at everyone but at the end of the day it was Harry Kane who signed this contract & no one else so the sole responsibility lies with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.