It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of all the attainable DMs that we could sign this summer, Bissouma would be the most natural heir to Fernandinho in terms of playstyle and his price wouldn't be restrictive.

I'd love Rice, but West Ham will be asking for silly money that I just can't see us paying when we're rumoured to be in for Kane and Grealish as a priority.
Offer them Mendy and 20m ...its Moyes we are dealing with ....

If we sign Kane we have the perfect backup in Delap ....cannot wait to see him progress under Pep....
Tbf this is potentially a big benefit to signing kane, delap looks excellent and providing he lives up to the expectations of a lot of blues we should have already have a ready made replacement for kane for 5 years down the line. I know us as fans can get a bit giddy about the academy kids, do the club also rate him so high that they think he can be one of the best strikers in the world?

I share your view, Marvin.

Grealish would reinvent our midfield.

With Kane also up top, it would maintain the small advantage we do have on the rest.

I do wonder if people see Grealish's personality, image, playing for a low profile club, as to why they don't see what a magnificent player he is.

Goodness knows how good he can be in three years time.
Tolm

Who do you see as the most likely to leave this summer?

I have had a couple of discussions with other blues over on some other threads

Do you see Sterling as staying or leaving. In my opinion I think it may be time for him to move on. Due to the nature of the opposition tactics we now face on most occassions - the low block. It ultimately makes him useless out wide as he is unable to utilise his pace which is what gets him past a player

Then we have Phil who is already a higher technical level than Sterling and will kick on even further next year, and Torres who I believe we will see more of next season

This leaves the possibility that Sterling will find himself falling further behind

If we signed Rice, Grealish and Kane you may as well call us England :)

Pep does this in every country he has managed haha, Spain’s team was full of Barca players, Germany was full of Bayern players.

I feel sorry for Jesus. He's incredibly committed to making it work with us and put it all out there when he came on at the weekend.

I would much rather have Gabby around the club and playing wide left than Sterling if that was ever the choice to be had.

We need Gabby more than ever next season because our new striker can't play every game and I see enough from Jesus to know he will still score goals.

Jesus was the only player on the pitch with any drive once KDB went off. He worked so hard, hunted the ball and drove at Chelsea better than anyone e

I would have preferred it see him start ahead of Sterling as he loves the champions league and he scored in streaks, that goal against Everton set up him nicely.

I hope he stays because he offers a lot from wide positions.

It's going to be a really interesting off season. Being realistic, even after the huge disappointment of Saturday, we still have been so good at times this year. To win the league fairly easily is a big achievement and the two main purchases last summer added a great deal to the team. If you consider that Sergio hardly played, Sterling's form fell off a cliff and Jesus didn't really kick on as a striker we have been excellent. I do think that a couple of players became mentally tired at the wrong time - Rodri was superb in the winning run but unfortunately the 50 games he played took a toil.

The main thing in my opinion that needs addressing is finding a clinical striker - we have had times when a golden chance is presented and our forwards, particularly our wide players, haven't taken it. It's been incredible to see so many of our midfielders get into double figures and I have high hopes for Ferran as he gets a bigger role next season. Yet, in tight games we seem to miss that one magical moment - Raheem for example always has been a player that needs multiple chances to score.

I am confident that our policy will follow last years successful one - eg. Who had actually mentioned Dias? All the talk was of Koulibally. This year we all know who are the best goal scorers available - Adding Grealish and Kane to what we have already would fill our biggest need but it wouldn't surprise me if we bring in someone no-one has thought about. I guess what I am saying is replacing Sergio is the most pressing issue - I really can see Sterling moving, which I am comfortable with, which is why Grealish would be ideal - homegrown, skilful and creative. Don't discount Palmer having an impact too.

What really upset me about the entire Sam Lee article is there was not a mention of Haaland. Must really be dead. Kane's going to be so hard to get

Haaland was heavily linked with Chelsea too and they’ve moved on so I’d assume Haaland is staying put and it’s a complete none starter.

What really upset me about the entire Sam Lee article is there was not a mention of Haaland. Must really be dead. Kane's going to be so hard to get

Or sam lee doesn't know everything the club are up to and is guessing based on what is currently hot in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.