It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Champions league heartache and great dissapointment even after 2 days, Lets be ruthless and buy haary kane, messi and greelish. I think we can do it. Lets do it my beloved owners

I share your view, Marvin.

Grealish would reinvent our midfield.

With Kane also up top, it would maintain the small advantage we do have on the rest.

I do wonder if people see Grealish's personality, image, playing for a low profile club, as to why they don't see what a magnificent player he is.

Goodness knows how good he can be in three years time.
With the Alice band and the daft socks, I always saw him as a rags type player, hyped to death and would be the next Best/Pele/Maradona if he signed for them.

When he played against us at home when there were fans in the stadium (1987 or just feel like that?), I was surprised how good he was, particularly how quick he was. I think it would take a few months for him to change his style of play, but I do think he would look great for us. Last season, him and Barkley were full of tricks and touches around the box. Being able to do the same with Foden, supplied by Bernardo/KdB/Gundogan and it may allow us to unlock Chelsea type defences.

More than anything, we need some pace back in our attack and that's a main reason I'd be happy to see Mahrez go to PSG or similar. We need to get back to the Sane/Sterling width and pace to get behind packed defences. Sterling seems incapable of doing it at the moment, but maybe a shift to the right side or change of attacking tactics would help. And whilst I don't really want Kane, someone in the middle to actually be able to cross to would be useful

Agree completely, but he's Brazils number 9 he could walk into most teams around Europe as first choice and think he deserves that. Would be sorry to see him go though.
Part exchange with tottenham for kane is ideal for us. As much as i like jesus i want kane more and kane will be too much for cash only deal.

Definitely has the work rate and can easily carry the ball.
But hasnt got the most important attribute for a defensive mid which is tackling ability.
No, for one I don't think he can tackle, and it's a waste of his ability, but also doubt he'd want or enjoy playing deeper.
Square pegs in round holes.

I'll go along with whatever City do this window.

However i prefer when City get under the radar players that turn into players of the season, like Dias, Bernardo etc.

Never wanted us to be a Madrid who buy big on whoever the big names are.

But hasnt got the most important attribute for a defensive mid which is tackling ability.

Square pegs in round holes.
There's that, but didn't Kevin sit down and discuss the future team ans I'd assume plans for himself before signing. Doubt he'd have been on board with any suggestion he plays d.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.