It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt even go fer Varane & hes also on a free

If we lose Laporte we have to pay money for Kounde
Why on earth would Kounde come to a team that has Stones and Dias ahead of him, we’d be in the same position next summer with a centre back wanting to leave.Dias Stones Ake and an older experienced centre back makes far more sense to me.

Why on earth would Kounde come to a team that has Stones and Dias ahead of him, we’d be in the same position next summer with a centre back wanting to leave.Dias Stones Ake and an older experienced centre back makes far more sense to me.
JFE?

We need to get Kane done ASAP. No fucking around with Levy all summer.

We did a shit job replacing Vinny, yes we got the perfect replacement but not until we'd wasted a season because we went all in on Harry Maguire (FFS).

We haven't replaced Silva, either. All we heard was that Foden was the Silva replacement, only for Pep to decide he was a forward. Gundo has stepped up massively, but there is a hole in the squad there.

Even replacing Dinho has been a problem - first we tried to sign Jorginho, then De Jong, then we got Rodri.

Now, Rodri is a top player and he's had a very good season IMO. But he cannot do the same job Dinho did from 2017-19. If you want a less mobile player in the 6, you need to make up for it by playing a double pivot or having legs in one of the 8 positions, which is why Bernardo was so important in our winning run. But then do you sacrifice De Bruyne? Or Gundogan? You can play one of them at false 9, sure, but then you lose all the benefits of a world class striker.

Ultimately, as well as the new Aguero, we need the new Silva and the new Dinho. Jude Bellingham would be the ideal choice to replace Dinho IMO, but that won't happen this summer. Camavinga could be an option too, seems to be available, but also seems Madrid bound. Tielemans would cost a lot but I think he'd be ace. Saul Niguez has gone off the boil a bit at Atletico but has undeniable quality. Maybe an option at left back (please god, we need a left back).

As for a Silva replacement, I don't know. Grealish? Maybe. But does he have the ability of David and Gundo to keep things ticking over, or is he more of a direct, De Bruyne type? Maybe it's finally time to take a punt on Isco, who's up for sale at Madrid? See if Pep can light the fire in him? Probably not.

For me we need a striker, a left back(zinny found out on saturday), and PACE!!!...be it LB or LW. We need a threat going forward...a son, a sane, an upgrade on sterling. Gabby i want to keep as rotating backup for CF and LW/RW.

I dont think CDM is a desperate need and fully blame the setup and selection for the CL final loss.

I'd love grealish but the reality is that he doesnt bring in what we are desperately short of. He's a bernardo with more physicality...a silky ball player. We need a dangerous pacey weapon instead. He's a 100 million luxury we dont need given our glaring weakness right now.

Last edited:
We need to get Kane done ASAP. No fucking around with Levy all summer.

We did a shit job replacing Vinny, yes we got the perfect replacement but not until we'd wasted a season because we went all in on Harry Maguire (FFS).

We haven't replaced Silva, either. All we heard was that Foden was the Silva replacement, only for Pep to decide he was a forward. Gundo has stepped up massively, but there is a hole in the squad there.

Even replacing Dinho has been a problem - first we tried to sign Jorginho, then De Jong, then we got Rodri.

Now, Rodri is a top player and he's had a very good season IMO. But he cannot do the same job Dinho did from 2017-19. If you want a less mobile player in the 6, you need to make up for it by playing a double pivot or having legs in one of the 8 positions, which is why Bernardo was so important in our winning run. But then do you sacrifice De Bruyne? Or Gundogan? You can play one of them at false 9, sure, but then you lose all the benefits of a world class striker.

Ultimately, as well as the new Aguero, we need the new Silva and the new Dinho. Jude Bellingham would be the ideal choice to replace Dinho IMO, but that won't happen this summer. Camavinga could be an option too, seems to be available, but also seems Madrid bound. Tielemans would cost a lot but I think he'd be ace. Saul Niguez has gone off the boil a bit at Atletico but has undeniable quality. Maybe an option at left back (please god, we need a left back).

As for a Silva replacement, I don't know. Grealish? Maybe. But does he have the ability of David and Gundo to keep things ticking over, or is he more of a direct, De Bruyne type? Maybe it's finally time to take a punt on Isco, who's up for sale at Madrid? See if Pep can light the fire in him? Probably not.
Sam lee has mentioned that B. Silva is unhappy. May be he wants to play in the wing or as number 10. So, if thats the case then I would add Nicolo Barella with Bissouma. Thus, enough pace in the midfield Bissouma and Barella with KDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.