It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading sky sports news and it appears we have a new young striker coming through the ranks.

”Pep Guardiola will give young strikers Liam Delap and Cole Palmer more chances to play now the Kane deal is off”

Does anyone anything about this young striker Palmer? He sounds exciting
Pep likes his strikers to be of the midfielder variety.

Reactions: DJ1
I'm disappointed because I came to believe that Kane would have been the finishing touch to a team that is capable of dominating for some years to come. There appears to be no credible alternative available at the moment, but this appears to have been the opinion of those at the club right from the start so that's hardly a blow. If the club does have an alternative in mind that's good because I trust the club. What I can't stand are those sour faced moaners who throw a tantrum and dismiss the entire summer as a "shitshow" and demand that heads roll at the club. That is the reaction of spoilt brats who should hang out somewhere more to their taste, like the entitled pages of redcafe or RAWK. It may just be that the squad we have is actually better than one with A N Other thrown in as a "striker" just to keep the moaners happy. And I'd like to add my thanks to those already expressed for Tolmie, but also Billy, who have both shared with us what they've heard. I stress "what they've heard" because they aren't actually responsible for any part of the actual negotiations and certainly not for their failure. If anyone can claim that honour it appears to be Mr Levy but it appears that the devil was really in the detail. Tolmie and Billy simply reported information passed on to them in an evolving situation. So, I'm disappointed but our club has improved, is improving and will improve even more. Pep & Co will see to that.
Thanks, sometimes I have insomnia.

Amazing how people have turned breaking the British transfer record into the club lacking ambition and sitting back.

Last time we defended a league title (the first team to do it in a decade) and won the first clean sweep of domestic trophies in English club football history, it was after we bought 1 player in the summer - Mahrez. A player who broke the club transfer record, played in a position that was already stacked with talent, but Pep knew it would keep everyone on their toes and he was hungry for his chance at the top table of European football.

Sorry but you're missing the point. Grealish is an excellent player but wasn't a necessary signing and I was a huge fan of the move. Kane/a striker was far more important. I'd even argue a LB is necessary as well.

You're confusing spending a lot on one player as some justification that the club isn't sitting back. I'd argue that's true, if you spend heavy in positions where you're weakest.

Sorry but you're missing the point. Grealish isn't a necessary signing and I was a huge fan of the move. Kane/a striker was far more important. I'd even argue a LB is necessary as well.

You're confusing spending a lot on one player as some justification that the club isn't sitting back. I'd argue that's true, if you spend heavy in positions where you're weakest.

He was if wanted him now at his age was the right time blend him into the squad when we have Kdb gundogan Fernandinho and Mahrez 30+ plus that buyout has a date and it ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.