It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shit window, no point pretending otherwise.
Mate..Bony was a shit signing..Grealish, record signing,playing well, hardly shit.
Not directed at you, but let's stop whingeing about what might have been. We are City, best team in the land and all the world, with no need for crocked CF's with dodgy ankles or geriatric ex-rags. Smile boys as this is the best it has ever been.

While respecting you opinion, I just fail to see how the squad is stronger. We haven't filled the two major problems of a ST and LB, Fernandinho is another year older too.
Grealish is a top player, but his best and favorite position is the left hand side where Sterling and Foden like to play just makes it hard for me to see how we are stronger. We haven't lost any of our top players, so at best I reckon you can say we've stood still.

You then look at our main rivals

Chelsea lost no one of note, signed a proven goalscorer which they needed so have improved.

United Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho are all improvements on Lindleof, James and Martial on paper so look stronger

Liverpool bit like us, stood still, but will hoping the defenders they get back will improve them.

The one thing that gives me hope is we have the best manager of the 4, so hopefully he can work his magic again.

You could argue that we've stood still by not addressing our weaknesses which United and Chelsea have clearly done.

However, Jack Grealish does improve our squad. We're better equipped to deal with injuries in midfield and out wide due to his signing. I also think he has an ability to go past people which none of our other players currently have. Phil and Bernardo are equally as good dribbling with the ball, but they are much weaker than Jack in one-on-one duels.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep sticks Grealish out wide and utilises his one-v-one skill like we seen for the Jesus goal on Saturday. For all of our attacking talent, Bernie, Sterling and Mahrez seem very reluctant to actually beat a man.

Just don't understand how we did not move on when the offer was rejected first time. We should have been back in the market at that point with targets we had already identified. If we could not improve on our current sticker options we should just have declared out after the offer was rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.