It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with most of that, but ten years ago?? we had Sergio,Tevez,Dzeko,Yaya,Silva etc and it was arguably our most entertaining and defining season, Maybe change it to 12 or summat.....time flies when your having fun :)

See - I’m losing track of when we were mediocre it’s that long ago - good point !

While respecting you opinion, I just fail to see how the squad is stronger. We haven't filled the two major problems of a ST and LB, Fernandinho is another year older too.
Grealish is a top player, but his best and favorite position is the left hand side where Sterling and Foden like to play just makes it hard for me to see how we are stronger. We haven't lost any of our top players, so at best I reckon you can say we've stood still.

You then look at our main rivals

Chelsea lost no one of note, signed a proven goalscorer which they needed so have improved.

United Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho are all improvements on Lindleof, James and Martial on paper so look stronger

Liverpool bit like us, stood still, but will hoping the defenders they get back will improve them.

The one thing that gives me hope is we have the best manager of the 4, so hopefully he can work his magic again.
The only team that has strengthened significantly is Chelsea.

I like Grealish but I also like Sterling and Foden. Let's see if Pep can come up with a way of utilising these players. For example I can see Foden playing as the false 9.

The stars may also be aligning towards Haaland.

If Real madrid are targeting Mbappe, just who is left in the market for Haaland? Maybe Real madrid will get them both. Utd, Chelsea, PSG, barcelona are out of the equation. It's just City vReal Madrid. Just maybe Dortmund get KO'd from the CL group and sell him in January!?

pmsl at sky

"Ronaldo is the biggest story of the summer. Its a bigger story than Messi going to France to retire"

Grealish will be a fantastic player for us but it’s a bit baffling that we haven’t signed a striker. A left back would have been useful too.

I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.