It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets see now. who will be the subs once we buy a striker?

sterling + mahrez + Jesus/Jack for the 3 forward subs

Gundo + Ferna replacement for the 2 mid subs

lb replacement + Laporte for the 2 def subs

1 academy player

1 keeper

now tell me where you will put torres?

Starting striker.

so selling our squad player who will be useless when we buy a striker for double what we bought him for is something to be pissed off?

Yes, when he is worth more than that, and is potentially the next top player, here on a long term contract.

If we were buying him right now, we'd be quoted 80m at the very fucking least.

David Silva was one in a million.
I dont think the club ever expected to keep torres long term, but saw value in the market and moved for it.
We’re all complaining about a doubling of money in 18 months for a player that doesnt make our strongest side but thats ultimately very good investment return.
And im sure they’ll want more if they can.
Plenty of potential to be a world beater but id be amazed if it was with us.

We need to accept for a lot of players despite the obvious footballing merits, plenty of young foreign players wouldn’t want to live in and around manchester for more than a couple of years.

Hence if we want to attract them here in the first place we need to prove we will let them leave (for fair value) when they want. No point keeping anyone against their wishes. Does no good with that player nor players to come

Spanish players always want to play for Barca or Real Madrid and now they have lost their best players they have more chance than ever to play for them

If Ferran ends up at Barcelona within 18 months he be talked about as one of the best strikers in the world and a bargain if he went for 50m this lad will score shit loads in the Spanish league!

I can't believe how short sighted and knee jerk reactionary people are.

So much moaning about tixi being unable to sell players, then someone suggests a pisstake value for a top player and people want to bite their hand off because it is a modest increase on what we paid.

He started this season really well, pre injury, he is young, only his second season.

Sterling, Mahrez, possibly Jesus too will all be leaving within the next 18 months to two years as things stand. Add Torres to that, how much do you think it wil cost to replace 4 players of that quality up front. Sergio still hasn't been replaced.

That's why Torres was bought, with long term in mind. We have nothing at all to lose if he doesn't live up to his potential, he is on cheap wages, was bough for next to nothing and has time on his side.

Morata should be the metric, at his age he was sold for what, 70m, a few times, and that was in that market.

And one claim that he's tempted by a return to spain and we see these 'well let him go if he doesn't want to be here'. Nope, just like bernardo laporte sane or anyone tempted away, someone needs to come up with the right offer.

Tripple what we paid for as a bare minimum starting point for even a theoretical consideration.

He'll play if he's good enough, and if not he'll get rotated in and out like everyone else. And he certainly isn't going to be worth less than 20m unless you've got a time machine to go back to 2011.

"Simple logic and match" lol.

I've asked you a simple question.

5 players in our current squad have to be left out.

You've said this makes them worth zero.

Who are they? I'd love to know who our 5 worthless players are.
I gave up with him immediately he replied about FDJ to me, obviously a wum.

Squad planning is an almost impossible task, but it does feel like either Mahrez and Gundogan need to be pushed out a couple of years early, or players like McAtee, Torres, maybe even Palmer will want to leave.
Big shout that letting Gundagun go early the guy is up there with the best in the league right now, he's managed to keep fit & along with Berny & Rodri they are outstanding individuals

No suprise when Kev isn't playing Gundo steps up & plays great????

Torres leaving I'm not suprised if true just like Sane heads turn quickly & the Spanish press have been at it all year especially the games & goals hes scored for them

I also believe he would have been playing more this year but like Sterling going it won't hurt as much as people think
If we could bag 110m for the pair then Haaland fee, Raiola & possibly Alfe would be paid from it?
If Torres wants out maybe he knows we are already balls deep with a number 9 so it's in his intrest to want to go & go while Barca a desperate.
Pep has stated your not happy then fucking do 1 but right now unless the cash is exchanged then fuck off
Wouldn't suprise me Real get involved so a fight between them could happen?
I don't believe Pedri will be part ex just about the €€€ Barca can offer

8ntresting to see if Necastle splash the cash to Barca to allow this to happen

They have around £200m they want to cash in on & stupid wages

De Jong yes please but not arsed about Pedri we have our own kids to play

I'm normally very laid back about our transfers and poke fun at the Txiki out brigade that pop up every few months.

But if we sell Ferran Torres to Barcelona for £42m I'm going to be really pissed off.
There are discussions to be had around structure, add ons etc. But it needs to be in the ballpark of Sancho's fee.

£70-80 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.