It's quiet thread 6 - all new all dancing!

I don't like to be a stick in the mud, but all the people who think we might be signing Ronaldo, have seriously lost it.

I cant think of 1 good reason that he might sign for us. He's a united hero and is still friendly with the players / manager, he has won everything there is to win in the English game, he's playing for the most famous and glamorous club in the world, he's playing for the team he supported as a kid, he's living in Madrid (have you been there? the City is fantastic), he's not getting kicked week in week out, I'm pretty sure that Madrid will be paying him the sort of money we'd be offering given that the financial fair play rules are looming...... I could go on!

If they are going to sign someone from Madrid, Kaka would be more of a realistic target. Things haven't gone well for him since his move, and we did nearly turn his head before, plus Ozil is playing well in the AM role.

WTGD!! said:
I don't like to be a stick in the mud, but all the people who think we might be signing Ronaldo, have seriously lost it.

I cant think of 1 good reason that he might sign for us. He's a united hero and is still friendly with the players / manager, he has won everything there is to win in the English game, he's playing for the most famous and glamorous club in the world, he's playing for the team he supported as a kid, he's living in Madrid (have you been there? the City is fantastic), he's not getting kicked week in week out, I'm pretty sure that Madrid will be paying him the sort of money we'd be offering given that the financial fair play rules are looming...... I could go on!

If they are going to sign someone from Madrid, Kaka would be more of a realistic target. Things haven't gone well for him since his move, and we did nearly turn his head before, plus Ozil is playing well in the AM role.

Of course it is an unlikely scenario, but he isn't at Madrid for sentimental reasons. Although he may have had a soft spot for them as a kid, he signed for them because he thought he was joining the best club in the world - they were committed to buying 'galacticos' again, they wanted to put Barcelona in their place, they were going to pay him a lot more than the rags could. To date, it hasn't really worked out as planned. As for not wanting to come here because of any loyalty to former teamates, well I remember him merrily getting one of them sent off in the World Cup quarter final - so much for friendship, eh!

Primadonnas like Ladyboy frequently fall out with other primadonnas like his manager. If this ever happened, we are in a minority of one, in terms of other clubs who could afford him. Whilst I think it is unlikely, with our current owners, I honestly believe that anything is possible!

OrigamiNinja said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
They say you can't always have your cake and eat it...we'll soon see...'now close your eyes'

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1YI8QeKGWo[/youtube]

Kaka = cake in Swedish!

Kaka = shit in Finnish!

BLOOMUEN said:
WTGD!! said:

Of course it is an unlikely scenario, but he isn't at Madrid for sentimental reasons. Although he may have had a soft spot for them as a kid, he signed for them because he thought he was joining the best club in the world - they were committed to buying 'galacticos' again, they wanted to put Barcelona in their place, they were going to pay him a lot more than the rags could. To date, it hasn't really worked out as planned. As for not wanting to come here because of any loyalty to former teamates, well I remember him merrily getting one of them sent off in the World Cup quarter final - so much for friendship, eh!

Primadonnas like Ladyboy frequently fall out with other primadonnas like his manager. If this ever happened, we are in a minority of one, in terms of other clubs who could afford him. Whilst I think it is unlikely, with our current owners, I honestly believe that anything is possible!

Not worked out for him??? have you seen his goal to game ratio, 55 goals in 59 appearances for the club. The club love him & the fans love him. The "Special One" has the players and the ability to win the league over there. Barca battered them in 1 game, but Real are only 2pts behind Barca.

Tolmie, do us a favour and post something to clarify that Ronaldo isn't on our radar will you? we need some people to compose themselves a little bit. City fans are constantly being taunted by rags being called "giddy", and this Ronaldo talk is about as giddy as it gets

WTGD!! said:
BLOOMUEN said:

Not worked out for him??? have you seen his goal to game ratio, 55 goals in 59 appearances for the club. The club love him & the fans love him. The "Special One" has the players and the ability to win the league over there. Barca battered them in 1 game, but Real are only 2pts behind Barca.

Tolmie, do us a favour and post something to clarify that Ronaldo isn't on our radar will you? we need some people to compose themselves a little bit. City fans are constantly being taunted by rags being called "giddy", and this Ronaldo talk is about as giddy as it gets

But he didn't join them for merely personal plaudits - he scored shit load of goal for the 'great unwashed' and was similarly adored by fans and manager. Successs is a relative thing and Madrid are have not won the silverware, although that my change this season, conceded.

As for the getting over giddy, isn't that the point of this thread: Tolmie posts cryptic clues and we play a game of football 'charades.' We are uniquely wadded and I couldn't give a fuck what the rags think. Before we were 'giddy', we were 'bitter,' anyway. Not trying to sound like a clever prick, just defending my right to enjoy slightly irrational speculation!

Knowing r kid better than most I'll take a pop

the wind part relates to a Japanese player - Honda, known as mr kamikaze in his native Tokyo, now kamikaze's literal meaning being devine WIND, all very simple really.

rumours picking up in barca forums about barca settling for a huge offer for iniesta and alves but dont know if iniesta is what we need , a proper central MF like schweinsteiger is what we need.

BLOOMUEN said:
WTGD!! said:

But he didn't join them for merely personal plaudits - he scored shit load of goal for the 'great unwashed' and was similarly adored by fans and manager. Successs is a relative thing and Madrid are have not won the silverware, although that my change this season, conceded.

As for the getting over giddy, isn't that the point of this thread: Tolmie posts cryptic clues and we play a game of football 'charades.' We are uniquely wadded and I couldn't give a fuck what the rags think. Before we were 'giddy', we were 'bitter,' anyway. Not trying to sound like a clever prick, just defending my right to enjoy slightly irrational speculation!

"I'll make this brief, no Q&A.

Can't believe the different directions the thread has taken.

Some posters do take EVERYTHING I say far too literally. This time I know it's for real does not mean we are signing Kaka, but something else.

In the wind, is simply what it says, imminent, it's coming...

Not Roma, not fucking Ronaldo, nor David Villa.

I have mentioned only one name on the record - Edin Dzeko - just as I have been for two months on It's Quiet.

This thread is different. I was told something very exciting, so I wrote is as such, no music clips, just simple speak without compromise."

You people have even got Tolmie swearing!

bakchod said:
rumours picking up in barca forums about barca settling for a huge offer for iniesta and alves but dont know if iniesta is what we need , a proper central MF like schweinsteiger is what we need.

in what bleeding way is Iniesta not a "proper" central midfielder?

When i see city fans with inside info the same feeling comes across me as when a magican does i trick

i need to know , right now don't care if its the magic and mystery

i just want to know

however sometimes it gets built up to much. See oasis ( whats the story )
and we leave disapointed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.