It's started already

MotownBlue said:
I have just found out...

The brewpub I am the brewmaster at has been contacted by the Detroit area United Supporters Club. They want to rent our place out on Monday, 22nd April so all 150 of them watch the Aston Villa match. I suppose they think they'll be wrapping up their title by then so they want someplace to go and celebrate together. Don't get me wrong, our pub will make a pretty penny that day and they will all be gone early in the evening and then we will open back up to the public, but I just can't yet get my head 'round the fact that, although I live halfway around the sodding world from Old Trafford, somehow the universe has found a way to torture me with their presence as they win #20.

At first, I was thinking I would wear my 2012 Champions shirt on that day, but I just can't see having to deal with 150 of them for 5 hours by myself. Don't get me wrong, in some way I intend to let the fuckers know I'm CTID. There is no way in hell I am going to stand there in silence for all 5 hours as they graze around mooing like so many cows over their title.

Fair play to them, they will have won it fair and square, but it just turns my stomach.

I am looking toward this event with a heavy heart. Me by my lonesome with 150 of those pigs cheering as they drink my beer.

Charge them double !!

Ladybarn Blue . said:
MotownBlue said:
I have just found out...

The brewpub I am the brewmaster at has been contacted by the Detroit area United Supporters Club. They want to rent our place out on Monday, 22nd April so all 150 of them watch the Aston Villa match. I suppose they think they'll be wrapping up their title by then so they want someplace to go and celebrate together. Don't get me wrong, our pub will make a pretty penny that day and they will all be gone early in the evening and then we will open back up to the public, but I just can't yet get my head 'round the fact that, although I live halfway around the sodding world from Old Trafford, somehow the universe has found a way to torture me with their presence as they win #20.

At first, I was thinking I would wear my 2012 Champions shirt on that day, but I just can't see having to deal with 150 of them for 5 hours by myself. Don't get me wrong, in some way I intend to let the fuckers know I'm CTID. There is no way in hell I am going to stand there in silence for all 5 hours as they graze around mooing like so many cows over their title.

Fair play to them, they will have won it fair and square, but it just turns my stomach.

I am looking toward this event with a heavy heart. Me by my lonesome with 150 of those pigs cheering as they drink my beer.

Charge them double !!

piss in the barrel. or just sneak blue moon in to the mix of music

Deep down, the way the title race has gone for them has turned in to a bit of an anti-climax.

No tension, no golden moment, just an acceptance over a longer period of time, afforded to both sets of supporters.

Sure, they will be happy, but the type of delirium which stems from sheer drama, the uncertainty, it's all a bit of a 'Meh' moment.

They have won plenty of titles.

Whatever you hear or see over the next few weeks, it will be effected - only for our benefit, simply because we ripped their heart out last year like no other season will ever see again.

Our own pain is indifferent because we have known for months our team has fallen below its previous standards - it would be a very different bereft pain, otherwise.

Let them crow, let them boast how the noisy neighbours have been put back in their corner, let them tell you a million people took to the streets for No.20.

It's all plastic, just like their fans and club.

Which is why we still have a great opportunity to inflict one-off, but very serious pain.

Playing like Champions at their shit hole in the league, and regardless of whether they make it to the semi-finals, winning another FA Cup.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Deep down, the way the title race has gone for them has turned in to a bit of an anti-climax.

No tension, no golden moment, just an acceptance over a longer period of time, afforded to both sets of supporters.

Sure, they will be happy, but the type of delirium which stems from sheer drama, the uncertainty, it's all a bit of a 'Meh' moment.

They have won plenty of titles.

Whatever you hear or see over the next few weeks, it will be effected - only for our benefit, simply because we ripped their heart out last year like no other season will ever see again.

Our own pain is indifferent because we have known for months our team has fallen below its previous standards - it would be a very different bereft pain, otherwise.

Let them crow, let them boast how the noisy neighbours have been put back in their corner, let them tell you a million people took to the streets for No.20.

It's all plastic, just like their fans and club.

Which is why we still have a great opportunity to inflict one-off, but very serious pain.

Playing like Champions at their shit hole in the league, and regardless of whether they make it to the semi-finals, winning another FA Cup.

Absolutely spot on Tolm.

An anti-climax.

Deep down I'm sure they want United to semi-slip up and for us to make a real fight of it, so they can win the title by the narrowest of margins right at the end of the season. And in the process dash our rekindled hopes.

Don't forget, United are away last game of the season, so no real party(pitch invasion/delirium) at OT either.

They can have their 20, they can have 100 for all I care. Just remember that they will never ever win it like we did.

Not in my lifetime! ;)

As a red I'd just like to respond to all of those 'anti-climax' posters...
Should United go on and clinch the league title, I shall celebrate it as fiercely as I did the first one I witnessed in my lifetime. ( Back in '93, after a 26 year wait ). It will in no way be an anti-climax to me and many other fellow reds.

As for never ever feeling the way you blues did last May. I'm pretty sure being in the Nou Camp in '99 ( clinching the European Cup and the final leg of the treble ) and the Luzhniki '08 ( when it all looked over until the Big Man slipped ) gave me a similar buzz.

Granted, the way you won the league last season was exceptional and will have been a great high for you all !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.